The perfect beginner’s guide: No help desk or support experience necessary
Covers both “soft” personal skills and “hard” technical skills
Explains the changing role of help desk professionals in the modern support center
Today, everyone depends on technology–and practically everyone needs help to use it well. Organizations deliver that assistance through help desks. This guide brings together all the knowledge you need to succeed in any help desk or technical support role, prepare for promotion, and succeed with the support-related parts of other IT jobs. Leading technology instructor Darril Gibson tours the modern help desk, explains what modern support professionals really do, and fully covers both of the skill sets you’ll need: technical and personal. In clear and simple language, he discusses everything from troubleshooting specific problems to working with difficult users. You’ll even learn how to manage a help desk, so it works better and delivers more value.
• How the modern help desk has evolved
• Understanding your users’ needs, goals, and attitudes
• Walking through the typical help desk call
• Communicating well: listening actively and asking better questions
• Improving interactions and handling difficult situations
• Developing positive attitudes, and “owning” the problem
• Managing your time and stress
• Supporting computers, networks, smartphones, and tablets
• Finding the technical product knowledge you need
• Protecting the security of your users, information, and devices
• Defining, diagnosing, and solving problems, step by step
• Writing it up: from incident reports to documentation
• Working in teams to meet the goals of the business
• Using ITIL to improve the services you provide
• Calculating help desk costs, benefits, value, and performance
• Taking control of your support career
Powerful features make it easier to learn about help desk careers!
• Clear introductions describe the big ideas and show how they fit with what you’ve already learned
• Specific chapter objectives tell you exactly what you need to learn
• Key Terms lists help you identify important terms and a complete Glossary helps you understand them
• Author’s Notes and On The Side features help you go deeper into the topic if you want to
• Chapter Review tools and activities help you make sure you’ve learned the material
Exclusive Mind Mapping activities!
• Organize important ideas visually–in your mind, in your words
• Learn more, remember more
• Understand how different ideas fit together
Darril Gibson is the CEO of YCDA, LLC (short for You Can Do Anything). He regularly writes and consults on a wide variety of technical and security topics and holds several certifications including MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCITP, ITIL v3, Security+, and CISSP. He has authored or coauthored more than 30 books including the best-selling Security+: Get Certified, Get Ahead series. Darril regularly blogs at http://blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/.
Customer Relationship Management Strategies in the Digital Era blends the literature from the fields of marketing and information technology in an effort to examine the effect that technological advances have on the interaction between companies and their customers Through chapters and case studies, this publication discusses the importance of achieving competitive advantage through implementing relationship marketing practices and becoming consumer-centric. This publication is an essential reference source for researchers, professionals, managers, and upper level students interested in understanding customer loyalty in a technology-focused society.
Customer Service in an Instant offers techniques and tips for maintaining customer loyalty, finding new customers, understanding customer concerns, using technology to develop relationships, and developing essential skills for customer service success.
Make Social CRM work!This book presents the first proven framework and step-by-step methodology for driving maximum value from Social CRM throughout sales, marketing, customer service, and beyond.
Barton Goldenberg,the field’s #1 expert, offers a proven, four-step methodology for succeeding with Social CRM work in any B2B, B2C, or B2B2C organization. You’ll learn how to integrate people, process and technology to optimize relationships with every customer, achieve seamless collaboration across customer-facing functions, and make the most of today’s leading social platforms. Goldenberg shows how to:
• Systematically harvest information from Social Media conversations and communities: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and beyond
• Integrate this information into expanded customer profiles
• Use these profiles to personalize customer service, marketing messages, and sales offers far more effectively
Goldenberg assesses the changing impact of social media on customer relationships, identifies smarter ways to profitably integrate it throughout your business, guides you through Social CRM planning and implementation, and examines key challenges and opportunities in leveraging Social CRM after you’ve deployed it. You’ll find practical advice on issues ranging from strategy to software selection, vendor negotiation to team development and day-to-day operations. Goldenberg concludes by previewing the future of Social CRM — and the fast-changing customer tomorrow’s systems must serve.
For all executive decision-makers, managers, and implementers who are involved in, planning, or considering Social CRM initiatives.
Thoroughly revised for the April 2015 exam update, SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition enables you to take the exam with complete confidence. To aid in self-study, each chapter includes Exam Tips that highlight key exam information, chapter summaries that reinforce salient points, and end-of-chapter questions that are an accurate reflection of the content and question format of the real exam.
Beyond exam prep, the practical examples and real-world insights offered in this guide make it an ideal on-the-job reference for IT security professionals. You will learn the security concepts, tools, and procedures needed to employ and enforce solid security policies and effectively react to security incidents.Features 100% coverage of the revised SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), effective April 2015 Electronic content contains two full-length, customizable practice exams in the Total Tester exam engine Written by a bestselling IT security certification and training expert
Written by the leading authority on CompTIA A+ certification and training, this self-study set has been thoroughly updated to cover 100% of the topics covered on the latest edition of the exam. New topics include managing and maintaining cellular devices, including tablets; configuring operating systems, including Windows 8, Android, and iOS; and enhanced, mobile-centered security and troubleshooting procedures. The All-in-One Exam Guide enables you to take the test with complete confidence. It also serves as a practical reference for IT support and technical personnel.
Bonus electronic content includes:Practice exams with hundreds of accurate questions More than an hour of video training featuring Mike Meyers Performance-based simulations that prepare you for the performance-based questions on the exam A collection of Mike's favorite free PC tools
Key Features include:Written with the “in the trenches” voice and clarity Mike Meyers is known for Features pre-assessment tests, exam tips, and “Try This!” sections to reinforce difficult topics Includes a coupon for 10% off of the exam fee, a $37 value
Bolster your exam prep with a Rapid Review of these objectives:
Information Security Governance and Risk Management Access Control Cryptography Physical (Environmental) Security Security Architecture and Design Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance Telecommunications and Network Security Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning Software Development Security Security Operations
This book is an ideal complement to the in-depth training of the Microsoft Press 2-in-1 Training Kit for the CISSP Exam and other exam-prep resources.