The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout
Web-based support includes
- lesson planning tools and activities for teachers
- Dynamic eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading
- Exam advice for each specification
The French Revolution
This title covers the turbulent history of France from 1774 to 1802 and the revolutionary events and larger than life individuals whose ideas and actions sent shock waves around Europe. Each enquiry tackles a discrete topic which together build a rounded and balanced picture of the causes, the course, the consequences, and the historiography of the revolution. As William Doyle puts it: 'There are few periods in history when so many benevolent intentions led to such unintended chaos and destruction, ...'How and why did this happen? What can we learn from it? What has the French Revolution got to say to us today?
Web-based support includes
- lesson planning tools and guidance for teachers available from the SHP website http://www.schoolshistoryproject.org.uk/Publishing/BooksSHP- eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading available from eBook retailers
Easy French Step-by-Step proves that a solid grounding in grammar basics is the key to mastering a second language. You are quickly introduced to grammatical rules and concepts in order of importance, which you can build on as you progress through the book. You will also learn more than 300 verbs, chosen by their frequency of use. Numerous exercises and engaging readings help you quickly build your speaking and comprehension prowess.
Target success in AQA AS/A-level History with this proven formula for effective, structured revision; key content coverage is combined with exam preparation activities and exam-style questions to create a revision guide that students can rely on to review, strengthen and test their knowledge.
- Enables students to plan and manage a successful revision programme using the topic-by-topic planner
- Consolidates knowledge with clear and focused content coverage, organised into easy-to-revise chunks
- Encourages active revision by closely combining historical content with related activities
- Helps students build, practise and enhance their exam skills as they progress through activities set at three different levels
- Improves exam technique through exam-style questions with sample answers and commentary from expert authors and teachers
- Boosts historical knowledge with a useful glossary and timeline
Start speaking French in minutes, and learn key vocabulary, phrases, and grammar in just minutes more with Learn French - Level 1: Introduction - a completely new way to learn French with ease! Learn French - Level 1: Introduction will arm you with language and cultural insight to utterly shock and amaze your French friends and family, teachers, and colleagues.
What you get in Learn French - Level 1: Introduction:
- 5 Basic Bootcamp lessons: dialog transcripts with translation, vocabulary, sample sentences and a grammar section
- 15 All About lessons: cultural insight and insider-only tips from our teachers in each lesson
- 5 Pronunciation lesson: tips and techniques on proper pronunciation
Discover or rediscover how fun learning a language can be with the future of language learning, and start speaking French instantly!
Endorsed for Edexcel
Help your students achieve their full potential while ensuring pace, enjoyment and motivation with this unique series from the leading History publisher; developed by expert educators who know how to instil deep subject knowledge and an appetite for lifelong learning.
- Provides distinct approaches to the different components of the 2016 specification, ensuring that your classroom resources are tailored to learners' changing needs as they progress through the curriculum
- Caters for varying learning styles, using an exciting mix of clear narrative, visual stimulus materials and a rich collection of contemporary sources to capture the interest of all students
- Helps students maximise their grade potential and develop their exam skills through structured guidance on answering every question type successfully
- Blends in-depth coverage of topics with activities and strategies to help students acquire, retain and revise core subject knowledge across the years
- Builds on our experience publishing popular GCSE resources to supply you with accurate, authoritative content written by experienced teachers who understand the practical implications of new content and assessment requirements
The American West, c.1836-95 covers all three key topics in the specification: 'The early settlement of the West, c.1835-c.1862'; 'Development of the plains, c.1862-c.1876'; 'Conflicts and conquest, c.1876-c.1895.'