Breakthrough “semantic search” techniques are already transforming Google™’s search results. If you want to be found, yesterday’s SEO techniques won’t cut it anymore. Google Semantic Search tells you what to do instead—in plain English.
David Amerland demystifies Knowledge Graph™, TrustRank™, AuthorityRank™, personalized and mobile search, social media activity, and much more. Drawing on deep knowledge of Google’s internal workings and newest patents, he also reveals the growing impact of social networks on your SEO performance. Whether you do it yourself or supervise an agency, this is your complete playbook for next-generation SEO!
• Learn how Google is delivering answers, not just links—and what it means to you
• Profit from Google Now™ and the fragmented, personalized future of search
• Prepare for Knowledge Graph™ by growing your online reputation, authority, and trust
• Stop using 10 common SEO techniques that no longer work
• Discover the truth about Trust Ranking™—and 10 steps to take right now
• Go way beyond keywords in today’s new era of content marketing
• Strengthen the “social signal” you create on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn
• See why the “First Page of Google” is rapidly become obsolete
• Drive unprecedented business value from your online identity and influence
• Learn how Google captures meaning in unstructured data—and give it what it wants
• Plan for all “4 Vs” of semantic search: Volume, Velocity, Variety, and Veracity
• Rapidly transition from technical to strategic search optimization
David Amerland’s involvement with the Web goes back to the days when the number of websites in existence could fit in a printed 80-page directory and SEO consisted of keyword stuffing and pixel-wide hidden text.
Since those less enlightened days he has worked with blue-chip multinationals and individual entrepreneurs alike helping them craft SEO and social media marketing strategies that work with their internal cultures and deliver value to their target audience.
He writes for Forbes, HP UK, Social Media Today, and blogs on his own website, HelpmySEO.com. When he is not writing or surfing the Web he spends time giving speeches on how social media is changing everything.
Breakthrough Google site optimization techniques from one of the world’s leading authorities on SEO!
If you aren’t at or near the top of Google searches, you won’t be found. Your company might as well not exist. But many common Google “search optimization” techniques don’t work—or even make things worse. In Outsmarting Google, world-renowned search expert Evan Bailyn reveals real, gritty, up-to-the-minute tactics that helped him attract more than 50,000,000 visitors last year without spending a dime on advertising! You won’t find any unethical “black hat” tricks here: only proven techniques that reflect comprehensive testing and extraordinary insight into Google’s secret rules. Read this book: Discover the supercharged site optimization techniques Google doesn’t want you to know!
New high-profit SEO solutions for every marketer, entrepreneur, and site owner!
• Uncover SEO myths and outdated techniques that no longer work
• Leverage Google’s deep knowledge of how and why people search
• Integrate five core SEO ingredients: keywords, links, meta page title, URL structure, and time
• Understand what’s really involved in choosing the best keywords
• Acquire links that help, and avoid links from “bad neighborhoods”
• “Age” your sites to build trust and escape the dreaded Google “sandbox”
• Use Google AdWords to cost-effectively complement SEO and cover your “long tail”
• Convert SEO results into paying customers
• Optimize for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
• Improve performance on Bing and Yahoo! without compromising your Google ranking
• Prepare for brand-new trends in personalized and real-time search
You’ll Learn How To:
• Discover where search and social media are headed, and what it means to you
• Implement strategies that work right now–and will work even better in the future
• Begin profiting from friendships, personal relationships, and tastemakers
• Start using today’s new currency of trust: likes, comments, retweets, shares, and video responses
• Use social discovery to deliver messages with stunning personal relevance
• Master the “Search and Sell” method for profitingfrom real-time search
• Sell through personalized recommendations delivered straight to smartphones
• Build your business with Foursquare and Facebook Places check-ins
• Learn effective, low-risk ways to use Groupon-style “daily deals”
• Mine cash from social data in entertainment, beauty, shopping, food, travel, health, and
• Prepare for emerging shifts in pay-per-click, organic SEO, and web display ad markets
• Preview tomorrow’s most exciting new social players, platforms, products, and services
In his 2009 international bestseller Crush It, Gary insisted that a vibrant personal brand was crucial to entrepreneurial success, In Crushing It!, Gary explains why that’s even more true today, offering his unique perspective on what has changed and what principles remain timeless. He also shares stories from other entrepreneurs who have grown wealthier—and not just financially—than they ever imagined possible by following Crush It principles. The secret to their success (and Gary’s) has everything to do with their understanding of the social media platforms, and their willingness to do whatever it took to make these tools work to their utmost potential. That’s what Crushing It! teaches readers to do.
In this lively, practical, and inspiring book, Gary dissects every current major social media platform so that anyone, from a plumber to a professional ice skater, will know exactly how to amplify his or her personal brand on each. He offers both theoretical and tactical advice on how to become the biggest thing on old standbys like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat; podcast platforms like Spotify, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and iTunes; and other emerging platforms such as Musical.ly. For those with more experience, Crushing It! illuminates some little-known nuances and provides innovative tips and clever tweaks proven to enhance more common tried-and-true strategies.
Crushing It! is a state-of-the-art guide to building your own path to professional and financial success, but it’s not about getting rich. It’s a blueprint to living life on your own terms.
Novices will receive a thorough SEO education, while experienced SEO practitioners get an extensive reference to support ongoing engagements.Comprehend SEO’s many intricacies and complexitiesExplore the underlying theory and inner workings of search enginesUnderstand the role of social media, user data, and linksDiscover tools to track results and measure successExamine the effects of Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithmsConsider opportunities in mobile, local, and vertical SEOBuild a competent SEO team with defined rolesGlimpse the future of search and the SEO industry
Visit the book website (http://www.artofseobook.com) for FAQs and to post your own burning questions. You’ll have access to special offers and discounts on various SEO tools and services. You can also get exclusive access to instructional videos related to the concepts in the book by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whatever your business, this quick and easy guide will help you build powerful new connections within your company, with your best customers and prospects—with everyone you need to reach.
There is no doubt that we have a massive reliance on Google for our entire online experience. People worldwide are googling more than a billion times a day to find information, but Google is not just the world's number one search engine. It offers a raft of services from the familiar YouTube to others you may not know about.
Let Gabriela Taylor, an online marketing pro certified in AdWords and Analytics, save you time and money by explaining everything Google has to offer and how to take advantage of it.
You'll learn how to:Set up for Success with Google's Productivity Tools: Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Drive & Chrome Gather Internet Intelligence: Keyword Planner, Google Suggest, Related Searches, AdPlanner, Finance & Google TrendsEstablish an Online Presence: Blogger, Sites, Wallet & ShoppingUnderstand the Power of SEO and the Keys to Findability Expand Your Online Presence and Interact with Your Community: Google+, YouTube & News Grow Your Business with Paid Advertising: AdWords Monetize Your Content: AdSense Feature On Daily Deals: Google Offers Monitor Brand, Industry and Competitors: Google Alerts Track, Measure and Improve: Analytics & Webmaster Tools