- Professor Crispin Thurlow, University of Washington
Comprehensive, practical, lively and accessible, Working with Spoken Discourse is the much-loved benchmark for learning to do discourse analysis. It combines theory and practice to give students the grounding they need in practical techniques of analyzing talk and how to apply them to real data.
- Begins with the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of doing discourse analysis
- Packs examples into every chapter to help explain complex concepts
- Uses exercises and activities to reinforce what you’ve learned
- Leads you through the practicalities of designing your own project
Exceptionally clear, and perfect for undergraduates starting a project, this is the essential guide to spoken discourse.