The dragon shape shifter Thorolf is known for an impressive lineage, raw power in battle, and the impulsive indulgence of his appetites. The last has made him an outcast from his fellow Pyr, and even his hunt for their dangerous opponent, the Slayer Chen, hasn’t helped. Seduced by Chen’s ally Viv Jason, Thorolf finds himself drawn into a trap, as bait to lure his fellow Pyr to extinction. The only one to come to his aid is a woman he already knows to be a thief—does he dare to trust her with not just his own life but the survival of his kind?
Chandra has planned for centuries for a battle against evil that she knows will determine the world’s future. She’s never wasted time on the pleasures of the physical realm, much less experienced passion—until the firestorm sparks between herself and Thorolf, demanding more from her than she ever expected to give. Will the firestorm provide new power, or be a dangerous distraction that gives Chen the chance to triumph over the Pyr forever?
The Dragonfire Series of Paranormal Romances
Each Dragonfire Novel is a complete romance, but you would probably prefer to read them in order to follow the story of the Dragon's Tail Wars, the final battle for supremacy between the Pyr and the evil Slayers. The series is complete with fourteen stories.
1. Kiss of Fire (Quinn and Sara)
2. Kiss of Fury (Donovan and Alex)
3. Kiss of Fate (Erik and Eileen)
4. Winter Kiss (Delaney and Ginger)
5. Harmonia's Kiss (a short story about the Dragon's Tooth Warriors)
6. Whisper Kiss (Niall and Rox)
7. Darkfire Kiss (Rafferty and Melissa)
8. Flashfire (Lorenzo and Cassie)
9. Ember's Kiss (Brandon and Liz)
10. Kiss of Danger (a Dragon Legion novella featuring Alexander and Katina)
11. Kiss of Darkness (a Dragon Legion novella featuring Damien and Petra)
12. Kiss of Destiny (a Dragon Legion novella featuring Thad and Aura)
13. Serpent's Kiss (Thorolf and Chandra)
14. Firestorm Forever (Sloane and Sam, plus Drake and Veronica, and Marcus and Jac. Yes, this book has THREE firestorms and is the big finish.)
The three Dragon Legion novellas are also available in a bundle called The Dragon Legion Collection.
There is a world guide in the works called Here Be Dragons: A Dragonfire Companion.
Deborah Cooke sold her first book in 1992, a medieval romance called The Romance of the Rose published under her pseudonym Claire Delacroix. Since then, she has published over fifty novels in a wide variety of sub-genres, including historical romance, contemporary romance, paranormal romance, fantasy romance, time-travel romance, women’s fiction, paranormal young adult and fantasy with romantic elements. She has published under the names Claire Delacroix, Claire Cross and Deborah Cooke. The Beauty, part of her successful Bride Quest series of historical romances, was her first title to land on the New York Times List of Bestselling Books. Her books routinely appear on other bestseller lists and have won numerous awards. In 2009, she was the writer-in-residence at the Toronto Public Library, the first time the library has hosted a residency focused on the romance genre. In 2012, she was honored to receive the Romance Writers of America’s Mentor of the Year Award.
Currently, she writes the Dragonfire series of paranormal romances featuring dragon shape shifter heroes under the name Deborah Cooke. She also is writing the True Love Brides series of medieval romances as Claire Delacroix, which continues the story of the family introduced in her popular title The Beauty Bride. Deborah lives in Canada with her husband and family, as well as far too many unfinished knitting projects.