Author Deborah Mitchell has provided the essential information about both common and uncommon medical testings, and the key information required for understanding, including:
• Simple screenings that could save your life
• Specialized tests for every member of your family
• How to tell if the risks of a test outweigh the benefits.
• Tips on choosing the best home testing kits
• The latest in prevention and diagnosis of common medical conditions
• The best way to prepare for tests and how to interpret the results
The book includes basic facts about conditions and diseases such as cancers, asthma, bronchitis, high cholesterol and many others.
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life
In The Disease Delusion, Dr. Bland explains what Functional Medicine is and what it can do for you. While advances in modern science have nearly doubled our lifespans in only four generations, our quality of life has not reached its full potential. Outlining the reasons why we suffer chronic diseases from asthma and diabetes to obesity, arthritis and cancer to a host of other ailments, Dr. Bland offers achievable, science-based solutions that can alleviate these common conditions and offers a roadmap for a lifetime of wellness.