• Comprehensive information on the health challenges today's women face throughout life, all in an easy-to-follow alphabetical format
• A-to-Z format provides the latest information on natural supplements that can effectively tackle health concerns faced by women
• Useful, little-known, important information "Of Special Interest to Women" in every entry
• Guidelines on how to develop a personalized nutrition plan for women of every age and stage of life
• An overview of the state of women's health today -- from heart and bone disease to breast cancer to hormonal and reproductive issues -- including the latest research and resources
• And more.
Part of the Healthy Home Library series, A Woman's Guide to Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements provides essential health information that no woman should be without.
Deborah Mitchell is a widely published health journalist. She is the author or coauthor of more than three dozen books on health topics, including The Complete Book of Nutritional Healing (now available from St. Martin's Paperbacks), The Wonder of Probiotics (coauthored with John R. Taylor, N.D.), Foods That Combat Aging, Your Ideal Supplement Plan in Three Easy Steps, and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Back Pain (coauthored with Debra Weiner, M.D.).
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
Americans are under attack. Obesity, lethargy, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer are ghastly epidemics. Worse, most drugs can make you even more sick! Why is this happening? Because no one tells you the truth: Millions of dollars are made by keeping this forbidden knowledge from you. Not anymore!
Shane Ellison-known as The People's Chemist by his thousands of readers-knows the truth. A former chemist for Big Pharma, he quit when he discovered that the drugs he was creating for drug companies were nothing but toxins, and that the real cures could be found on every supermarket and superstore shelf-for a fraction of the cost and without a prescription!
Over-the-Counter Natural Cures is your insider guide to the inexpensive, easy ways to dramatically boost your health in less than 30 days...and stay fit and lean forever!Wake Up with Younger-Looking Skin and a Stronger Heart Learn the Healthiest Alternative to Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs Get the $8 Cure to Deadly Blood Clots and Poor Cardiovascular Function Stop Fearing High Blood Pressure Defy Obesity and Diabetes Fast
Vitamins and Minerals is an eye-opening guide that separates truth from myth about dozens of today's common and popular supplements. It covers the effects of the deficiency of each nutrient, its primary uses, dosages, food sources, potential side effects, and mechanism of action, helping readers make informed decisions about use of these under-regulated, over-the-counter "nutraceuticals."
• The most comprehensive, up-to-date information you need to choose the safest, most effective natural supplements for you and your family
• A-to-Z glossary of all the essential vitamins, herbs, and supplements available—with detailed descriptions, dosages, benefits, and precautions
• Simple daily recommendations for every member of the family: men, women, and children of all ages
• A handy quick-reference guide to common ailments—from acne and bronchitis to migraines and ulcers—featuring simple natural remedies that really work
• The latest medical findings on women's bone health, children's immune systems, the health effects of aging, and other need-to-know subjects
• Plus a Natural Medicine Survival Kit—an all-purpose, easy-to-follow action plan to help you take control of your family's health
Find essential information on hundreds of vitamins, herbs, and supplements --
What will VITAMIN E help cure and how much should I take?
Vitamin E can help prevent heart disease and treat acne. Adults should take 100 to 400 IU of natural vitamin E daily.
Find vitamin, herb, and supplement treatments for hundreds of conditions!
Experiencing migraines? See MAGNESIUM:
There is considerable evidence that low magnesiumlevels trigger both migraine and tension headaches. Take250 to 400 milligrams three times daily.
Learn about possible interactionswith your prescription drugs!
Taking ST. JOHN'S WORT for depression?
It may interfere with amphetamines, diet pills, nasaldecongestants, or allergy medications, causingnausea or high blood pressure.
Here is your comprehensive, portable, one-step guide to all over-thecounter vitamins, herbs, and supplements currently available -- an easy-to-use alphabetical listing that includes valuable information on the most effective forms of each supplement, the nutrient's food source and proper dosage, as well as signs of deficiency, safe use, and possible side effects.
· A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, and natural supplements
· Proven strategies for relieving symptoms—muscle pain, stiff joints, fatigue, sleep problems, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, fibrofog, sexual dysfunction, and more
· Alternative mind/body therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, hypnotherapy, light therapy, massage, neurofeedback, and other methods
· Crucial information on dealing with doctors, health insurance, employment issues, disability, getting pregnant, child rearing, weight control, support groups, and much more
· Plus an easy-to-follow program of diet, exercise, and sleep that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life