• Comprehensive information on the health challenges today's women face throughout life, all in an easy-to-follow alphabetical format
• A-to-Z format provides the latest information on natural supplements that can effectively tackle health concerns faced by women
• Useful, little-known, important information "Of Special Interest to Women" in every entry
• Guidelines on how to develop a personalized nutrition plan for women of every age and stage of life
• An overview of the state of women's health today -- from heart and bone disease to breast cancer to hormonal and reproductive issues -- including the latest research and resources
• And more.
Part of the Healthy Home Library series, A Woman's Guide to Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements provides essential health information that no woman should be without.
Deborah Mitchell is a widely published health journalist. She is the author or coauthor of more than three dozen books on health topics, including The Complete Book of Nutritional Healing (now available from St. Martin's Paperbacks), The Wonder of Probiotics (coauthored with John R. Taylor, N.D.), Foods That Combat Aging, Your Ideal Supplement Plan in Three Easy Steps, and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Back Pain (coauthored with Debra Weiner, M.D.).
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life
Vitamins and Minerals is an eye-opening guide that separates truth from myth about dozens of today's common and popular supplements. It covers the effects of the deficiency of each nutrient, its primary uses, dosages, food sources, potential side effects, and mechanism of action, helping readers make informed decisions about use of these under-regulated, over-the-counter "nutraceuticals."