• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
• The most comprehensive, up-to-date information you need to choose the safest, most effective natural supplements for you and your family
• A-to-Z glossary of all the essential vitamins, herbs, and supplements available—with detailed descriptions, dosages, benefits, and precautions
• Simple daily recommendations for every member of the family: men, women, and children of all ages
• A handy quick-reference guide to common ailments—from acne and bronchitis to migraines and ulcers—featuring simple natural remedies that really work
• The latest medical findings on women's bone health, children's immune systems, the health effects of aging, and other need-to-know subjects
• Plus a Natural Medicine Survival Kit—an all-purpose, easy-to-follow action plan to help you take control of your family's health
When you’ve tried practically every diet and have struggled for years to reach and maintain a healthy weight, what do you do next? If you’re Heather and Terry Dubrow, MD, you create your own diet based on cutting-edge and Nobel–prize winning science that promises not just unprecedented metabolic control, but also an internal cellular rejuvenation with powerful antiaging effects. Then, after creating a diet that can transform your life from the inside out, you want to help as many people as possible look and feel their best, so you write a book about it!
In The Dubrow Diet, Orange County’s favorite reality TV couple share the diet and exercise plan they created to end their own decades-long yo-yo dieting and flip on what they call the “ageless switch.” The central concept is called interval eating, a practice based on research showing that when you eat is perhaps the most important factor in weight loss and weight control. With interval eating, the Dubrows will introduce you to a simple eating schedule that can help you:
● reprogram your cells to go after stored fat for fuel.
● lower insulin and normalize blood sugar.
● fight off chronic inflammation linked to almost every major disease.
● activate a process known as autophagy, your cells’ self-cleaning process and an antiaging game changer.
● increase your energy.
● finally reach your goal weight.
● rejuvenate your skin and overall appearance.
So, what are you waiting for? You have more power than you realize over the hormones that regulate your weight and the molecular factors that determine how you age. It’s time to take advantage of this power with a diet that is not only doable but also sustainable and even fun! The Dubrows wouldn’t have it any other way.
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life