• Guidelines for finding the best possible specialist for your reproductive and sexual health needs, whether you are seeking a gynecologist, genetic counselor, endocrinologist, or midwife
• Includes helpful "what to ask your doctor" checklists and timetables for medical exams and screenings
• An overview of the state of women's health today—from such conditions as amenorrhea to infertility to premature ovarian failure to breast cancer—including the latest research and resources
Deborah Mitchell is a widely published health journalist. She is the author or coauthor of more than three dozen books on health topics, including The Complete Book of Nutritional Healing, A Woman's Guide to Vitamins, Herbs, and Supplements, and A Concise Encyclopedia of Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health—all available from St. Martin's Paperbacks.
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
Ian Kerner offers a radical new philosophy for pleasuring women in She Comes First—an essential guidebook to oral sex from the author of Be Honest—You’re Not That Into Him Either. The New York Times praises Kerner’s “cool sense of humor and an obsessive desire to inform,” as he “encourages men through an act that many find mystifying.” An indispensable aid to a healthier, more fulfilling sex life for her and him, She Comes First offers techniques and philosophy that have already earned raves from the likes of bestselling author and Loveline co-host Dr. Drew Pinsky as well as Playgirl magazine, which cheers, “Hallelujah!”
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life