Overnight sensations do not become literally so overnight; virtuosos are not always born so; and success... well, there never really is such a thing as success without having tasted the bitter fruit of failure.
This book celebrates ten such moments of failure that drove ten different individuals to cut new paths for themselves. Celebrating Failure chronicles the lives, journeys and major failures of these people from different walks who were once rejected or told that their ideas or talents weren't good enough, only to break away from such negative molds and assumptions to be who they are today.
The following people’s narrative awaits you:
• Anupama Joshi (First female Wing Commander of the Indian Air Force)
• Arunabh Kumar (Founder and The Chief Experiment Officer, The Viral Fever Media Labs)
• Nehha Bhatnagar (Youngest arts impresario in India)
• Rahul Arya (India’s first sand artist)
• Archy Jay (India’s first female bagpipe artist)
• Diwakar Vaish (Creator of India’s first dancing robot, India’s first 3D-printed robot, India’s first mind-controlled robot and the world’s first brain controlled wheelchair)
• Alisha Abdullah (India’s first female national racing champion)
• Varun Rajput (Founder, producer and guitarist, Antariksh)
• Mithali Raj (Captain, Indian female cricket team)
• Kunal Arora (Founder, The Education Tree)
From now, start celebrating failure.
Maybe, just maybe, the greatest successes come from having the freedom to fail.
May failure be with you!
Master your mental strength—revolutionary new strategies that work for everyone from homemakers to soldiers and teachers to CEOs.Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourselfDon’t give away your powerDon’t shy away from changeDon’t focus on things you can’t controlDon’t worry about pleasing everyoneDon’t fear taking calculated risksDon’t dwell on the pastDon’t make the same mistakes over and overDon’t resent other people’s successDon’t give up after the first failureDon’t fear alone timeDon’t feel the world owes you anythingDon’t expect immediate results
Rachel Hollis has seen it too often: women not living into their full potential. They feel a tugging on their hearts for something more, but they’re afraid of embarrassment, of falling short of perfection, of not being enough.
In Girl, Stop Apologizing, #1 New York Times bestselling author and founder of a multimillion-dollar media company, Rachel Hollis sounds a wake-up call. She knows that many women have been taught to define themselves in light of other people—whether as wife, mother, daughter, or employee—instead of learning how to own who they are and what they want. With a challenge to women everywhere to stop talking themselves out of their dreams, Hollis identifies the excuses to let go of, the behaviors to adopt, and the skills to acquire on the path to growth, confidence, and believing in yourself.