Covering the entirety of the writing process, from analysis to citation form, this text
- Offers a clear instructional approach to legal analysis, legal documents, and the writing process, as well as to legal grammar and usage and to citation style for both ALWD and the Bluebook.
- Breaks down the analytical and writing processes into manageable tasks and provides students with strategies, examples, and exercises.
- Introduces each type of legal document with "Purpose, Audience, Scope, and View" bullet points, providing an at-a-glance overview.
- Employs maps, diagrams, text boxes, and tables to summarize material and provide visual interest.
- Includes multiple documents annotated with in-depth commentary to help students identify key parts, understand the arguments being made, and understand the strengths of each document.
- Provides abundant, thorough study aid materials
- Quick References and Checklists that reinforce and test students' understanding of the material
- Quizzes and Self-Assessments that allow students and teachers to test students' understanding of the material