International author, speaker, veterinary business coach and mentor Dr Diederik Gelderman (AVBA President 2015/2016), shares the simple, but little known and rarely applied, secrets to Veterinary success and an amazing, rewarding life.
His probing interviews of these highly successful practitioners reveals the simple and yet profound keys, mindsets, behaviours and strategies that help them achieve their success.
There is no 'magic' involved and therefore you can do it too - one step at a time, just apply these simple, easy step-by-step strategies and you too will achieve the personal and professional satisfaction that you want and deserve.
- That practice success and work-life balance is not a myth and how you can achieve it too.
- The 3 things that every new graduate and young veterinarian must know if they want to achieve success
- How to rekindle (rediscover) your passion and why it's your key to success
- The 5 biggest pitfalls in 'vet' and how to avoid them
- Being successful and happy doesn't mean being a slave to your practice (unless that's what you really want)
- How to accelerate and grow your success and happiness by finding the right mentor and coach who has blazed the trail before you and succeeded
- How to make enough money to retire on comfortably (even if retirement is only 5 years away)
You too can have all the personal and professional satisfaction you want.
This book takes you inside the career and shows you the day and the life of a veterinarian. Inside you’ll learn what they do, what training is required, what the future holds, and how you can become one!
Over 1 million copies sold
In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be "positive" all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people.
For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it." In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected American society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up.
Manson makes the argument, backed both by academic research and well-timed poop jokes, that improving our lives hinges not on our ability to turn lemons into lemonade, but on learning to stomach lemons better. Human beings are flawed and limited—"not everybody can be extraordinary, there are winners and losers in society, and some of it is not fair or your fault." Manson advises us to get to know our limitations and accept them. Once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties, once we stop running and avoiding and start confronting painful truths, we can begin to find the courage, perseverance, honesty, responsibility, curiosity, and forgiveness we seek.
There are only so many things we can give a f**k about so we need to figure out which ones really matter, Manson makes clear. While money is nice, caring about what you do with your life is better, because true wealth is about experience. A much-needed grab-you-by-the-shoulders-and-look-you-in-the-eye moment of real-talk, filled with entertaining stories and profane, ruthless humor, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is a refreshing slap for a generation to help them lead contented, grounded lives.
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
- what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you'll get my another book, "Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up."
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, stick to a diet, stay motivated, build habits, delayed gratification, personal development
Master your mental strength—revolutionary new strategies that work for everyone from homemakers to soldiers and teachers to CEOs.Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourselfDon’t give away your powerDon’t shy away from changeDon’t focus on things you can’t controlDon’t worry about pleasing everyoneDon’t fear taking calculated risksDon’t dwell on the pastDon’t make the same mistakes over and overDon’t resent other people’s successDon’t give up after the first failureDon’t fear alone timeDon’t feel the world owes you anythingDon’t expect immediate results