The Businessman’s Minutes-a-Day Guide To Shaping Up is more than another book of exercise and diet tips. It addresses the problems a businessman faces in finding time to exercise, in setting goals for training, and in changing eating habits that make gaining or losing weight difficult.
The Businessman’s Minutes-a-Day Guide To Shaping Up includes:
• exercise programs developed for a variety of needs and body structures
• knowledgeable recommendations on training equipment and on training at home, at a gym, or on the road
• training programs for improved sports performance
• expert advice on the prevention and treatment of training injuries, jet lag, stress and anxiety, and even eye strain
• a primer on the basics of nutrition, proper food combining, and vitamin and mineral supplementation
• an account of one businessman’s training under Dr. Columbu’s direction that provides valuable insights on sticking to a training program, managing time, and setting goals
The Businessman’s Minutes-a-Day Guide to Shaping Up is written by Dr. Franco Columbu, world-famous bodybuilder and best-selling author of bodybuilding books. While Dr. Columbu may be best known as a sports champion, it is important to realize that he is a businessman first. He has been successful not only at winning bodybuilding contests, but as a Doctor of Chiropractic with thousands of satisfied clients; he has been successful not only as an author of bodybuilding books, but as a fitness consultant to Hollywood stars, sports teams, and prominent Los Angeles businessmen and businesswomen. Franco Columbu has appeared on television talk shows and commercials and in movies. It would be difficult to find another person with a more harried business schedule who is also in the same vibrant, robust state of fitness.
Fitness For Dummies, 4th Edition, provides the latest information and advice for properly shaping, conditioning, and strengthening your body to enhance overall fitness and health. With the help of fitness professionals Suzanne Schlosberg and Liz Neporent, you'll learn to set and achieve realistic fitness goals without expensive fitness club fees!Achieve motivation and social support from social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook Take advantage of digital resources such as e-exercising programs, video instructors, digital training systems, apps, and more Gives you the latest tips and methods to test your own fitness level, set realistic goals, stick with your program, and get great results Shows you how to spot where fat is sneaking into your diet Get the most out of high-tech exercise machines and equipment, plus tips for using dumbbells or a simple jump rope to achieve results Offers step-by-step instructions on creating a home gym on a budget
Featuring all-new informative fitness photos and illustrations, this revised edition of Fitness For Dummies is all you need to get on track to a healthy new body!
This results-oriented, step-by-step guide includes some of the most innovative arm exercises ever created. These exercises will help you blast through plateaus quickly and easily. Stop doing the same old routine and take your arms to a whole new level with this book.
Let me tell you something that your personal trainer won’t tell you and you won’t learn at the gym: The only way you’ll ever lose the weight and more importantly keep the weight off is by learning how to diet and exercise for yourself. You see…
People spend BILLIONS (yes, that billions with a “B”) every year on fad diets that work for a month. Then, ounce you stop, you put the weight back on plus ten pounds.
Why is that you might ask… because no one can continually starve themselves. You see eventually you’ll have to eat like a normal human being.
Even more money is spent on work out equipment advertised on late night infomercials promising you that you’ll lose 50 pounds if you just use their machine for 20 minutes a day... Come on! We all know better than that - right?
The truth is sometimes we‘re so willing to try anything not cause we’re stupid but because we really want to lose weight. I mean who wouldn't want to look and feel their best? Not to mention that, unfortunately, it is statistically proven that overweight people make less money than thin people. Totally unfair, I know, but it’s true.
So what do you need to do? Here’s the secret you already know…
The only way that you’ll ever keep the weight off is by educating yourself on how to do it and learning how your body works.
So you finally want to keep the weight off? This book will teach you everything you’ll need to know to finally do so.
You’ll learn everything about:
• Your genetics, specific body type and how to deal with them when it comes to losing weight.
• Why nutritional experts are wrong when they say no carbs and no fat.
• When you should eat the food you crave like cake and when you shouldn’t.
• How your metabolism works with your body.
• The truth behind fats.
• Different types of proteins and how they affect your body.
• Which vitamins you should take and which ones might be making you fatter.
• Secrets behind which protein powders work and which just make you fat!
• Which gym equipment works and which machines are a complete waste of your time.
• What exercises to focus on and how to do them right to make the most out of your workout
• Not spending hours at the gym but 45 minutes and getting ten times better results
I could go on and on talking about all the great information in this book. But, for now, all I want you to understand is that if you're truly committed to keeping the weight off, you will have to learn for yourself. Don’t count on a trainer that will cost you thousands… or a piece of equipment that’ll only end up collecting dust in your closet.
I have been personal training for over ten years and have helped thousands HELP THEMSELVES to lose weight and keep it off. And exactly that information I have now put into this book.
The truth is that most people will pass up the opportunity and then tell themselves every new year's that this is the year that they’ll hopefully lose the weight. But I want to believe that this is not you and that you can do better.
So let me ask you: Are you tired of being overweight? Tired of not feeling your very best? What are you waiting for?
If you want to get muscular, lean, and strong as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, extreme dieting, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym . . . regardless of your age . . . you want to read this book.
Here’s the deal:
Building muscle and burning fat isn't as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe. This book is the shortcut.
- You don't need to: Spend hundreds of dollars per month on the worthless supplements that steroid-fueled bodybuilders "swear by." Most pills and powders do absolutely nothing.
- You don't need to: Constantly change up your weightlifting routine to gain muscle mass quickly and effectively. Muscle building is much simpler than that.
- You don't need to: Waste a couple of hours in the gym every day grinding through grueling workouts. In fact, this is a great way to get nowhere.
- You don't need to: Slog away at boring cardio to shed ugly belly fat and get a six-pack. In fact, you don't have to do any cardio to get the body you really want.
- You don't need to: Obsess over "clean eating" and avoiding "unhealthy" foods to get ripped. Instead, you can get the body you want eating the foods you love.
Those are just a few of the harmful lies and myths that keep guys from ever achieving the lean, muscular, strong, and healthy bodies they truly desire.
And in this book you’re going to learn something most guys will never know . . .
The exact methods of diet and training that make putting on 10 to 15 pounds of quality lean mass a breeze . . . and it only takes a few months.
Here are just a few of the things you're going to discover in this book:
- The 10 biggest fat loss and muscle building myths and mistakes that keep guys fat, weak, and frustrated.
- The 3 scientific laws of muscle growth and fat loss that literally force your body to get bigger, leaner, and stronger. You'll be shocked at how easy it really is to build muscle and lose fat once you know what you're doing.
- How to create flexible diet plans that help you transform your body composition eating the foods you love...and without ever feeling starved, deprived, or like you're "on a diet."
- A paint-by-numbers training system that will help you build a big, full chest . . . a wide, tapered back . . . thick, powerful legs . . . and strong, bulging arms . . . spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week...doing challenging, fun workouts that you enjoy.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will show you what works and what doesn’t, saving you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year on pills and powders.
- And a whole lot more!
Imagine . . . just 12 weeks from now . . . being constantly complimented on how great you look and asked how the heck you're doing it . . .
Imagine enjoying the added benefits of high energy levels, no aches and pains, better spirits, and knowing that you're getting healthier every day . . .
The bottom line is you CAN get that "Hollywood hunk" body without following boring, bland “bodybuilder” diets or living in the gym. This book shows you how.
SPECIAL BONUSES FOR READERS
With this fitness book, you'll also get a FREE 56-page reference guide with all of the book’s key takeaways, a year’s worth of Bigger Leaner Stronger workouts, 10 premade meal plans for cutting and lean bulking, and more!
So, scroll up, click the "Buy" button now, and begin your journey to a bigger, leaner, and stronger you!
• A basic health and fitness program
• Explanations of basic weight training equipment
• Training programs for various strategies and routines
• Bodybuilding for women
• Bodybuilding for other sports
• Prevention and treatment of sports injuries
• Nutrition basics and food combining tips
• Fully illustrated exercise glossary
Franco Columbu’s Complete Book of Bodybuilding was written for non-competitive bodybuilders as well as competitive bodybuilders, who share the goal of achieving maximum results with their bodies in the least amount of time.
Exercises to develop every major muscle group in the body are described and illustrated (in sixty-five stunning black-and-white high-definition photographs). Columbu includes the why as well as the how of these championship techniques, points out common mistakes and misconceptions, and offers' practical advice to potential bodybuilders on training for personal rather than contest purposes.
For bodybuilders at every level of achievement, for athletes of every persuasion, and for all people interested in the science of the body in action and the art of the body in repose, Winning Bodybuilding shows that bodybuilding is the ultimate challenge in athletics.