4th Edition – Fully revised with 2 new chapters and treatment based on the latest research.
With all the chatter surrounding the sometimes-debilitating condition known as scoliosis, it can be easy to get lost in the thousands of suggested treatment options and plans. People are in pain. They’re uncomfortable. Relief can be fleeting – and seemingly impossible.
Your Plan for Natural Scoliosis Prevention and Treatment : is Dr. Kevin Lau’s undisputed truth about scoliosis. He delivers facts and solutions with unquestionable accuracy, all while completely demystifying preconceived notions that proper spinal alignment due to scoliosis is unattainable. Dr. Lau has done years of research and investigation into what some would consider to be one of the most difficult and mysterious ailments of the spine. He treats the cause and condition while being careful not to neglect the symptoms. His three-step program succeeds where others have failed.
In attempting to uncover little known methods of treating scoliosis, Dr. Lau took a different route. In his search to understand not only the “whats” of the condition but also the “whys”, Dr. Lau targeted two groups that mastered good health: the Australian Aborigines, and native African tribes. He used their historical successes to aid in creating a clinically proven program based on deductions from what the human body not only needs to survive, but how it was originally created to function.
So why is this book necessary?
Dr. Lau’s book deliberately departs from ineffective bracing and surgery which is commonly used. Dr. Lau combines ancient wisdom with modern research and technology resulting in a program that finally focuses on treating the causes of scoliosis! Instead, he combines ancient wisdom and modern research and technology with undeniably positive results! Further, as a practicing chiropractor and nutritionist, Dr. Lau uses his diverse knowledge of alternative treatments to formulate unique, individualized plans for great spinal health.
Who benefits from the Health In Your Hands Program?:
This book is easy to understand regardless of a reader’s level of medical expertise. It has been a go-to resource for personal trainers, chiropractors, occupational therapists, and medical doctors alike. At the same time, it has been beneficial for lay individuals who suffer the effects of scoliosis every day. If you have any interest in scoliosis and conditions of the spine, this book is for YOU!
In the latest 4th edition you will:
- Uncovers the most recent research regarding the true causes of scoliosis, while identifying which of the latest treatments are most effective and ineffective. The reader will discover several avenues for healing, one of which will deal with how bracing and surgery merely treat the symptoms, not the root cause of scoliosis.
- Describes the most common symptoms of sufferers and explains in depth how the muscles and ligaments work in various types of scoliosis.
- Understands how a quick assessment of the spine in teenage years can improve quality of life in later years, by placing emphasis not only on the medical evaluation, but also on how lack of proper nutrition directly correlates with illness in our bodies and the sometimes abnormal growth of the spine.
- Presents the most effective exercises for scoliosis, advises against what should be avoided at all costs and offers routines that are not only unique, but fit within busy schedules.
- Provides tips and tricks to modify posture and body mechanics to decrease back pain, as well as giving the most ergonomic sitting, standing and sleeping postures for scoliosis.
- Helps readers learn and draw inspiration from others’ stories and relevant case studies.
A graduate from Australia and United States of America, Dr. Kevin Lau, combines university education with a lifetime of practicing natural and preventive medicine. His immensely successful holistic approach for treating scoliosis attempts to free your mind, body as well as the spirit from all the remnants of the disease.A graduate from Australia and United States of America, Dr. Kevin Lau, combines university education with a lifetime of practicing natural and preventive medicine. His immensely successful holistic approach for treating scoliosis attempts to free your mind, body as well as the spirit from all the remnants of the disease.
Topics covered include:The different types of arthritis Diagnosing the condition Alleviating symptoms and minimizing pain Eating to beat arthritis Both conventional and drug free ways of managing the condition Living day-to-day with arthritis and improving lifestyle
Heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans.
Cancer is the #1 fear of Americans.
Dementia is the #1 concern of Americans.
What do these devastating illnesses have in common? All three have been linked to silent inflammation, a condition that occurs when the body's natural immune response goes awry. Silent inflammation can continue undetected for years, continually assaulting the heart, arteries, and even the brain -- and you will not even know it.
New research confirms that obesity is a primary cause of silent inflammation. And inflammation is the smoking gun that links excess body fat to today's epidemic rise in heart disease, cancer, dementia, and countless other health threats. Although the science of this relationship is complex, the bottom line is simple: If not detected and reversed, silent inflammation will devastate generations of Americans and bankrupt an increasingly stressed health care system. The medical establishment appears to be ignorant about this problem, politicians don't talk about it -- and yet virtually everyone in the country is affected by it.
In his number one New York Times bestseller The Zone, Dr. Barry Sears revolutionized the way we think about nutrition when he showed that a high-carbohydrate diet is a real risk to our health. Now, with eye-opening new research in the field of hormonal control and nutrition, Dr. Sears offers the first comprehensive plan to combat silent inflammation. This important book gives us the tools and tests we need to assess the current level of silent inflammation in our bodies -- and determine our future health.
As you'll discover, the Zone dietary plan -- including supplements of high-dose, ultra-refined fish oil -- is the best way to get the hormonal control you need to reduce inflammation. In The Anti-Inflammation Zone, Dr. Sears shows exactly what steps to follow to reduce your risk of each disease and condition, or to reverse it if you have it already -- in only thirty days. And the Zone Lifestyle Program includes a week of delicious Zone-friendly meals, easy home exercises, and important stress-reducing methods -- all of which work together to put you on a path toward wellness that will improve the rest of your life.
The day you start fighting silent inflammation is the day that you start to slow down the aging process -- and all the chronic diseases that come with it. Welcome to the Anti-Inflammation Zone -- and the return to wellness.
"An Essential Guide for Scoliosis and a Healthy Pregnancy" is a month-by-month guide on covering everything you need to know about taking care of your spine and your baby. The book supports your feelings and empathizes with you throughout your amazing journey towards delivering a healthy baby.
By reading, you gain:
- In-depth and up-to-date information on scoliosis and how it can affect your pregnancy. Week-by-week information on what to expect during your pregnancy.
- Information that is suitable for all types of post-operative scoliosis cases and those that, to date, have not yet been operated on.
- Clear, compassionate and comprehensive answers to the common questions about scoliosis and pregnancy.
- Crucial decision making tools decisions for important issues including epidurals, birthing procedures, changes to the spine due to hormones, and more to protect your baby.
- Tips to help you minimize unnecessary weight gain and keep your nutrient intake high.
- The latest nutritional research that debunks pregnancy food myths and uncovers a number of surprising superfood choices.
- Expert advice on staying fit and eating right during each trimester of pregnancy. Self-care tips for side effects including nausea and back pain.
- Fun, fast, and safe scoliosis exercises during the month of pregnancy and postpartum. Tips for strengthening your pelvic floor, easing back pain, and losing belly fat postpartum.
- Relaxation tips to reduce pain and increase your comfort.
This book provides answers and expert advice for pregnant women suffering from scoliosis. Full of information to cope with the physical and emotional upheavals of pregnancy during scoliosis. From conception to birth and beyond, this guide will hold your hand until you become a happy and proud mother of a healthy newborn baby.