This Quran translation has no interpretations, no footnotes, and no explanations. It is a pure translation of the Quran, from Arabic to English, and it does not try to emphasize any school of thought. The text purely and accurately translates the Holy Quran, from Arabic, into contemporary English.
It was translated by a Muslim, who saw firsthand the miracles inside the Quran. His native language is Arabic; his everyday language is American English. For 15 years, he studied the Quran. For many years, he translated speech between his mother and his wife. For a living, he develops quality software.
This Quran translation is available in two editions. This edition (B) uses the word "God" to refer to the Creator. Edition (A) uses the word "Allah".
Quran Sura 81. The Rolling. at-Takwir.
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. When the sun is rolled up.
2. When the stars are dimmed.
3. When the mountains are set in motion.
4. When the relationships are suspended.
5. When the beasts are gathered.
6. When the oceans are set aflame.
7. When the souls are paired.
8. When the girl, buried alive, is asked:
9. For what crime was she killed?
10. When the records are made public.
11. When the sky is peeled away.
12. When the Fire is set ablaze.
13. When Paradise is brought near.
14. Each soul will know what it has readied.
15. I swear by the galaxies.
16. Precisely running their courses.
17. And by the night as it recedes.
18. And by the morn as it breathes.
19. This is the speech of a noble messenger.
20. Endowed with power, eminent with the Lord of the Throne.
21. Obeyed and honest.
22. Your friend is not possessed.
23. He saw him on the luminous horizon.
24. And He does not withhold knowledge of the Unseen.
25. And it is not the word of an accursed devil.
26. So where are you heading?
27. It is only a Reminder to all mankind.
28. To whoever of you wills to go straight.
29. But you cannot will, unless God wills-The Lord of the Worlds.
The Quran is the last Book from the Creator. It contains guidance, mercy, and healing. The Quran is a blessing, within reach.
Literally "the recitation," The Qur'an is considered within the Muslim faith to be the infallible word of God. Tarif Khalidi, the foremost scholar of Islamic history and faith, provides a fresh English translation that captures the startling, exquisite poetry of one of the world's most beloved religious texts. Retaining the structure and rhythms of the original Arabic, Khalidi enlivens the ancient teachings and prophetic narratives central to the Muslim faith and solidifies The Qur'an as a work of spiritual authority and breathtaking beauty.
For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700 titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust the series to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and notes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-date translations by award-winning translators.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
This new bilingual edition, approved by Al-Azhar University, the chief center of Islamic and Arabic learning in the world, offers a comprehensive and accurate rendering of the Qur'an into modern English. The clear, rigorous translation, one of the only English translations available by a native Arabic speaker, is laid out here in dual column format directly opposing the Arabic text to allow the reader to make careful verse by verse comparisons.
• approved by Al-Azhar University, Cairo
• easy-to-read translation into modern English
• index of surahs (chapters)
• English and Arabic headers
• verse numbers within text in English and Arabic
• explanatory footnotes in English
The book is the first guide of its kind. Readers interested in a variety of topics, from faith and culture to politics and current events, will find much to learn from “A Basic Guide to Understanding the Qur’an,” giving them the content and the context needed to reevaluate preconceptions or gain a newfound understanding of subjects that may have been unfamiliar or foreign to them.
Some of the subjects included: Creation of heavens and earth, the purpose of life & death, creation of Adam & Eve, Noah and the flood, Abraham, Moses & the Israelites, virgin Mary’s birth, Jesus’ birth, life and death, destruction of Jerusalem, family law, treatment of women, marriage & divorce, inheritance law, social & moral commands, Jihad, treatment of prisoners of war, apocalypse events, paradise, hell, and science in the Qur’an.
Title provides a rendition of the Holy Koran, in English, for readers who would like to inform themselves about what the Koran says.
It is a 'face value' abridged translation that maintains the original feel of the Koran, in a version that is approximately a tenth of the size.
It is the only book which
enables the reader a deep and comprehensive view of Islam as religion, practices
and a way of life.
Taking in consideration that
there are many books on variety of Islamic issues, still, this is almost the only
book that enables a comprehensive overview of Islam covering all of its
different aspects and sides. Besides, it explores profoundly the Islamic
practices and their argumentations towards women, violence, sex and many other
controversial issues around Islam.
It explores in a new and unique
way the Islamic rituals (especially the five prayers) in a way the exposes the
beauty and secrets of Sufism in its practical form, mixing between practice and
theory as it is felt and done by the leaders of Sufism in their most rightful
The book is meant to be an enchanting
art piece. Its layout and illustrations were innovated by German arts and
designers to provide the reader with enjoyable read experience.
It analysis also the motivations
and argumentations the terrorism considers in the name of Islam.
The variety of the topic
discussed in the book and the way of dividing and classifying them makes it a
good page turner.