This Book Can Help You
• expand your knowledge of eating disorders
• grasp their severity and prevalence
• explore the numerous causes
• identify early warning signs and recognize current symptoms
• increase awareness of the potential medical complications
• understand the meaning and importance of a multi-disciplinary treatment approach
• learn about the treatment options available
• facilitate a clinical interview
• enhance your understanding with the use of clinical vignettes
Sprinkled with over 100 quotes from recovering individuals, Why She Feels Fat explores eating disorders from the inside out to convey the emotional experience and perspectives of those who have them. Decoding the deeper meaning of the statement “I feel fat” is at the heart of this simple and straightforward book that also includes basic information about eating disorders, such as signs, symptoms, medical complications, causes, approaches to treatment, and stages of recovery.
Overcoming Binge Eating for Dummies provides trusted information, resources, tools, and activities to help you and your loved ones understand your binge eating — and gain control over it. Written with compassion and authority, it uses stories and examples from the authors' work with clients they've helped to overcome this complicated disorder.
In Overcoming Binge Eating For Dummies, you'll find information and insight on identifying the symptoms of binge eating disorder, overcoming eating as an addiction, ways to overcome the urge to binge, how to institute a healthy eating pattern, ways to deal with anxiety and emotional eating, and much more.Provides professional resources for seeking additional help for binge eating Includes advice on talking with loved ones about binge eating Offers tips and guidance to establish a safe and healthy recovery plan
Overcoming Binge Eating For Dummies is for those currently suffering or recovering from BED, as well as families and friends looking for a comprehensive and expert resource to this widespread but largely misunderstood disorder.
Sensible, thoughtful and full of helpful 'how to' advice for the therapist' -" Behaviour Research and Therapy
A particularly suitable book for individuals with a general mental health training who are starting work with this patient group. It deserves to be widely read' - "European Eating Disorders Review
An invaluable resource for anyone working in, or wishing to know more about, eating disorders' - "Dietetics Today
Counselling for Eating Disorders, Second Edition is a practical guide to working with clients using techniques drawn from cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Drawing on many years' experience as a practitioner, Sara Gilbert explains how to structure assessment and programmes of treatment for eating disorders, setting out clearly the theoretical basis and evidence underpinning the use of CBT.
Features of this fully revised Second Edition include:
"current definitions relating to abnormal patterns of eating
"up-to-date information on potential causes
"boundary issues and making referrals, and
"new developments in theory and technique, such as the use of motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based therapy and the Internet.
Self-help resources' are also included which can be photocopied as handouts for clients.
Counselling for Eating Disorders, Second Edition is written for practitioners working in a range of professional and voluntary settings, and for those training to work with patients and clients.
Sara Gilbert is a chartered clinical psychologist who has had a specialist interest in the field of eating disorders for nearly twenty years. She currently works for the Luton and Bedfordshire community NHS trust.
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)