More than a collection of orthodox thinking, this fully revised and updated textbook is also ground in original research, and offers a clear and insightful introduction to the key topics studied in undergraduate criminology courses, including
- crime trends, from historical overview to recent crime patterns
- criminal justice system, including policing and prisons
- ways of thinking about crime and control, from the origins of criminology to contemporary theories
- research methods used by criminologists
- new topics within criminology including terrorism, cybercrime, human rights, and emotion
The book is packed with contemporary international case studies and has a lively 2 colour text design to aid student revision. Specially designed to be accessible and user-friendly, the new edition is also supported by a fully interactive companion website which offers exclusive access to British Crime Survey data, as well as other student and lecturer resources.