In this life-changing book, Emma Seppälä explains that the reason we are burning ourselves out is that we fall for outdated theories of success. We are taught that getting ahead means doing everything that’s thrown at us with razor-sharp focus and iron discipline, that success depends on our drive and talents, and that achievement cannot happen without stress.
The Happiness Track demolishes these counterproductive theories. Drawing on the latest scientific research on happiness, resilience, willpower, compassion, positive stress, creativity, and mindfulness,
Seppälä demonstrates that being happy is the most productive thing we can do to thrive—whether at work or at home. She shares practical strategies for applying these scientific findings to our daily lives.
A fulfilling, successful, and anxiety-free life is within your reach. The Happiness Track will show you the way.
Happiness Is the Fast Track to Success
“Are you a hard-driving, multitasking, conscientiously striving professional? Then your ideas about success are probably all wrong—and you need The Happiness Track, Dr. Emma Seppälä’s investigation into the counter-intuitive factors that create career and life success. The best news of all? All these skills are well within your grasp.”—Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind
“Emma Seppälä convinces us that reconfiguring our brain for happiness can change the way our lives unfold and the way we approach success. A worthwhile read for anyone who wants to achieve a successful and fulfilling life.”—Amy Cuddy, professor at Harvard Business School and author of Presence
“Backed by extensive research in psychology and neuroscience, The Happiness Track offers a wealth of insight on changing how we approach our work, our personal lives, and our relationships. It’s a carefully researched, engaging look at how to improve ourselves without losing our authenticity or our sanity.”—Adam Grant, Wharton professor and New York Times bestselling author of Give and Take and Originals
“Through her research-backed strategies, Emma Seppälä teaches us not only how to thrive in our chosen profession, but how to stay true to ourselves—and enjoy every moment of the process.”—Susan Cain, cofounder of Quiet Revolution and New York Times bestselling author of Quiet
“For decades we’ve been tied to theories of success that have burned us out and driven us into the ground—because we don’t know of any alternatives. The Happiness Track provides us with a highly readable, science-backed solution to obtaining sustainable success, the sort of success we are all really striving for, that leaves us fulfilled, happy, and healthy.”—Scott Barry Kaufman, Ph.D., scientific director at the Imagination Institute at the University of Pennsylvania
EMMA SEPPÄLÄ, PH.D., is the science director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University, the founder of the popular news site Fulfillment Daily, and a frequent contributor to Harvard Business Review and Psychology Today.
What if you could create habits that last a lifetime? What if you could achieve anything you set your mind to? What if you could routinely make smart decisions?
Mental trainer and author Patrik Edblad has helped tens of thousands of readers to live better lives. The Good Life Blueprint Series contains all of his best-selling books:
The Habit Blueprint: 15 Simple Steps to Transform Your Life
In this book, you'll discover:
- The neurological loop that drives your behaviors (and how to make it work for you).
- How to get yourself hooked on your habits.
- A simple strategy to make you 2–3 times more likely to follow through every day.
- How to prevent yourself from falling for "mental loopholes".
- How to limit the damage when you have a setback.
- And many more strategies to easily create lasting habits.
The Self-Discipline Blueprint: A Simple Guide to Beat Procrastination, Achieve Your Goals, and Get the Life You Want
In this book, you'll discover:
- The four fundamental "keystone habits" of self-discipline.
- How to change your mindset to cultivate success.
- How to establish your mission in life using The Hedgehog Concept.
- How to find your unique "why" using The Golden Circle.
- How to get laser-focused on the right things by defining your Circle of Competence.
- How to biologically reshape your mind and body for success by creating a Winner Effect.
- Several research-backed strategies to radically transform your behavior.
The Decision-Making Blueprint: A Simple Guide to Better Choices in Life and Work
In this book, you'll discover:
- The cognitive biases that distort your thinking, and how to counteract them.
- The logical fallacies that derail your judgment, and how to prevent them.
- The mental models you need to equip your mind with to make great decisions.
COMPLEMENTARY BONUSES: Each book comes with a FREE companion resource you can use to easily apply everything you learn.
Get The Good Life Blueprint Series NOW to optimize your life, realize your potential, and maximize your success!
You will learn tools to…
· Swiftly reverse a negative day
· Re-ignite the spark in your marriage
· Reach peak performance at the right time and place
· Gain more confidence and positive self-esteem
· Find a “peaceful calm” when chaos and negative stress arrive
· Simplify and balance your life
“My entire family has thrived with Jim Fannin’s blueprint for living a successful life,” says Julie McAllister, mother, wife, and business executive.
“For 10 years Jim Fannin has helped our student-athletes create a blueprint for their success. Our men’s golf program’s amazing achievements have Jim Fannin’s influence to thank,” says NCAA Coach of the Year Mike Small of the University of Illinois.
“Jim’s life blueprint with his powerful tools and techniques worked for me as a professional athlete and they continue to work as a business owner, father and husband,” says former MLB All-Star John Buck.
“With The Blueprint I changed my life and the direction of my company. Within two years I doubled my business and balanced and simplified my life,” says CEO Rob Wilson of Employco, USA
“If you want to organize your life in order to be your genuine, authentic, best self, Jim Fannin’s The Blueprint is the proven solution,” says CEO Mike Flaskey of Diamond Resorts International.
Much of the advice we’ve been told about achievement is logical, earnest…and downright wrong. In Barking Up the Wrong Tree, Eric Barker reveals the extraordinary science behind what actually determines success and most importantly, how anyone can achieve it. You’ll learn:
• Why valedictorians rarely become millionaires, and how your biggest weakness might actually be your greatest strength
• Whether nice guys finish last and why the best lessons about cooperation come from gang members, pirates, and serial killers
• Why trying to increase confidence fails and how Buddhist philosophy holds a superior solution
• The secret ingredient to “grit” that Navy SEALs and disaster survivors leverage to keep going
• How to find work-life balance using the strategy of Genghis Khan, the errors of Albert Einstein, and a little lesson from Spider-Man
By looking at what separates the extremely successful from the rest of us, we learn what we can do to be more like them—and find out in some cases why it’s good that we aren’t. Barking Up the Wrong Tree draws on startling statistics and surprising anecdotes to help you understand what works and what doesn’t so you can stop guessing at success and start living the life you want.