• The tests and procedures your partner may undergo
• The impact of pregnancy on your relationship and how to handle it
• Ways to evaluate the expenses of having a baby
• How to be a great labor coach
Judith Schuler, M.S., has co-written books with Dr. Curtis for more than twenty years and divides her time between Wyoming and Arizona.
Dad's Expecting Too! is a witty and wise guide to everything you and your partner need to know about having a baby--from the moment you discover she's pregnant to the first night home with your newborn.
Packed with the best advice from experts and parents who have been there before, this must-have book offers essential tips, insights, and stories about the most exhilarating, intimidating, and awesome experience of your lives. This newly revised edition features updated health and safety information, new resources for adoptive fathers, ideas for celebrating with "dadchelor parties," and more.
The First Few Weeks
•Telling friends and family; the first doctor appointments
How the Baby Grows
•Track week-by-week developments
•Month-by-month pictures of a baby
Expectant Moms and Dads 101
•Happy, hormonal, nesting, and exhausted moms-to-be
•In-awe, on-call, scared, and "me too: dads-to-be
Spoiling Your Partner
•Massages, gifts, and providing vital emotional support
The Big Day: Labor and Delivery
•Everything you'll see, hear, do
After the Baby Is Born
•Feedings, surviving the first few nights, and rekindling your love life
Zita also includes her own unique methods and advice which make her so successful with her clients’ pregnancies, such as relaxation techniques to prepare for birth, simple Mind-Body-Baby exercises to start bonding with your baby during pregnancy, and information on nutrition to help control morning sickness, sleep well and feel more energetic. Your Pregnancy Companion includes:
· Stage-by-stage photographs of your developing baby
· What to eat to stay healthy and help your baby develop
· What to expect from antenatal care
· How to prepare yourself physically and mentally for the birth
· Information on genetics
· Sections for expectant dads and preparing for fatherhood
· Specific advice for mothers who have had IVF, have a higher risk pregnancy or who are expecting twins
· Q&A sections to answer common questions and concerns
· Essential advice to help you through the first weeks of parenthood, including breast- and bottle-feeding, promoting good sleep, keeping your baby clean and comfortable, ‘baby blues’/ PND, understanding your baby’s cries and having fun with your baby
This is the perfect companion to help you prepare yourself physically and mentally for the most incredible and unique time in your life.