More than 800 questions and answers provide the practice you need to excel on the National Certification Examination
This one-of-a-kind review is specifically written to provide student nurse anesthetists with the practice they need to prepare for the National Certification Examination. Current and comprehensive, it will also prove to be an outstanding refresher for seasoned CRNAs preparing for recertification.
Certification Review for Nurse Anesthesia is based upon the content areas tested by the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists. Question types include multiple choice, multiple response, and calculation. Detailed explanations are provided for the answers, along with references to appropriate pages in Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology, Fifth Edition, and other respected anesthesia textbooks, for more detailed discussion of the topic. Questions are intentionally not grouped according to specific topics in order to provide a review that mirrors the actual test.
• Encompasses clinical continuum from neurosurgical pre-op to critical care – plus anesthesia in neuroradiology
• Adult and pediatric care
• Structured algorithmic approach supports clinical decision-making
• Succinct presentation of clinically relevant basic science
• End-of-chapter summaries, with suggestions for further reading
• Collaborative approach and multidisciplinary nature of perioperative medicine emphasized
• Extensive summary tables
• Portable and formatted for quick retrieval of information
• Ideal for use in the OR, the PACU, and the ICU