Fascinating, easy-to-read and packed with full-colour illustrations and photographs, Superbodies shows how people of all ages and abilities can improve their own health and performance.
GREG WELLS, PhD, is a performance physiologist, an exercise medicine researcher at the Hospital for Sick Children and a former professor of kinesiology at the University of Toronto. The author of The Ripple Effect and Superbodies, Wells is a sought-after speaker and a regular contributor to the Globe and Mail, CBC, CTV, TSN and newspapers and magazines around the world. He lives in Toronto with his family.
Nutrition for Sport, Exercise, and Health covers the basics of nutrition, including the functions of and daily allowances for carbohydrate, fat, and protein, as well as micronutrient recommendations; the importance of hydration and electrolyte balance; nutrition in health and disease prevention; population-based nutrition considerations for training and sports; and practical information on measuring and altering body composition. The accessible presentation of material keeps students from getting too bogged down in research, and the text offers real-world applications. Students will also discover career opportunities available to them, including qualifications and job responsibilities for each position.
The full-color text includes more than 70 photos and more than 140 illustrations alongside digestible, engaging writing. Concepts are presented in a user-friendly manner, and each chapter includes a number of features that enhance understanding:
• Chapter objectives provide a roadmap to ease students into upcoming content.
• Key terms help students focus on important vocabulary. The key terms are identified at the beginning of the chapter, appear in boldface within the chapter, and are included within the glossary, where they are defined.
• Putting It Into Perspective sidebars contain compact vignettes that help college students relate to the content and apply the concepts to their own lives.
• Do You Know? sidebars are short callouts that provide key insights and easy takeaways for students.
• Review questions help students identify areas they may need to revisit as well as reinforce key concepts.
Content is organized in a logical sequence, with each chapter building upon the information previously presented. In part I, the reader is provided with an overview of the role nutrition plays in overall well-being throughout a person's life. Part II focuses on each macronutrient and its role in health and disease, as well as dietary recommendations that support health and an active lifestyle. The role of micronutrients in health and performance is covered in part III. Part IV provides information on the application of nutrition to sport, exercise, and health.
Instructors will find a full suite of ancillaries that will be helpful in their teaching. The instructor guide and presentation package plus image bank will help in preparing for class, while the test package and chapter quizzes will help assess student learning.
Students and professionals alike will benefit from the broad coverage found in Nutrition for Sport, Exercise, and Health. Armed with accessible, research-based application, readers will have the tools they need to improve athletic performance, exercise outcomes, and general well-being.
With over 70 exercises specially designed to enhance your speed, power, jumping and agility, Plyometrics for Athletes at All Levels gives you the winning advantage. Whether you're a weekend enthusiast or a professional athlete, these exercises--each of which is fully illustrated with step-by-step photos--are guaranteed to boost your performance. With this book, you quickly gain the ability to:
Shake a defender with sharper cuts
Move faster to break away from the pack
Score more by adding power to your shot
Elevate higher for soaring catches, slams ands spikes
Deliver explosive force for crushing hits
Plyometrics for Athletes at All Levels includes beginner, intermediate and advanced exercises plus 40 customized sport-specific workouts for:
Baseball - Basketball -Bicycling -Field Hockey -Football - Golf - Gymnastics -Hockey -Lacrosse -Racquetball - Rugby -Skiing -Soccer -Softball -Swimming -Tennis -Track& Field -Volleyball -Wrestling
With tremendous insight into the physiology of the human body and the reasons mankind has evolved the way it has, The Ripple Effect exposes exercise and diet myths, inspiring you and leading you on a clear path to achieving a health and fitness transformation. With small—and very achievable—daily changes in your life, you'll see the incredible effects of aggregate gains that professional athletes know.
You'll learn how:Eating broccoli provides the body with more protein per calorie than eating steakUsing one teaspoon less of sugar per day would help you lose four pounds of fat per yearWalking for fifteen minutes per day decreases your risk of cancer by fifty per centPlaying games like tennis can prevent Alzheimer’s diseaseLosing ninety minutes of sleep reduces daytime alertness by nearly a thirdReplacing an hour of television with an hour of sleep could help you lose over fourteen pounds in a year
And much more.
If you want to get muscular, lean, and strong as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, extreme dieting, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym . . . regardless of your age . . . you want to read this book.
Here’s the deal:
Building muscle and burning fat isn't as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe. This book is the shortcut.
- You don't need to: Spend hundreds of dollars per month on the worthless supplements that steroid-fueled bodybuilders "swear by." Most pills and powders do absolutely nothing.
- You don't need to: Constantly change up your weightlifting routine to gain muscle mass quickly and effectively. Muscle building is much simpler than that.
- You don't need to: Waste a couple of hours in the gym every day grinding through grueling workouts. In fact, this is a great way to get nowhere.
- You don't need to: Slog away at boring cardio to shed ugly belly fat and get a six-pack. In fact, you don't have to do any cardio to get the body you really want.
- You don't need to: Obsess over "clean eating" and avoiding "unhealthy" foods to get ripped. Instead, you can get the body you want eating the foods you love.
Those are just a few of the harmful lies and myths that keep guys from ever achieving the lean, muscular, strong, and healthy bodies they truly desire.
And in this book you’re going to learn something most guys will never know . . .
The exact methods of diet and training that make putting on 10 to 15 pounds of quality lean mass a breeze . . . and it only takes a few months.
Here are just a few of the things you're going to discover in this book:
- The 10 biggest fat loss and muscle building myths and mistakes that keep guys fat, weak, and frustrated.
- The 3 scientific laws of muscle growth and fat loss that literally force your body to get bigger, leaner, and stronger. You'll be shocked at how easy it really is to build muscle and lose fat once you know what you're doing.
- How to create flexible diet plans that help you transform your body composition eating the foods you love...and without ever feeling starved, deprived, or like you're "on a diet."
- A paint-by-numbers training system that will help you build a big, full chest . . . a wide, tapered back . . . thick, powerful legs . . . and strong, bulging arms . . . spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week...doing challenging, fun workouts that you enjoy.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will show you what works and what doesn’t, saving you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year on pills and powders.
- And a whole lot more!
Imagine . . . just 12 weeks from now . . . being constantly complimented on how great you look and asked how the heck you're doing it . . .
Imagine enjoying the added benefits of high energy levels, no aches and pains, better spirits, and knowing that you're getting healthier every day . . .
The bottom line is you CAN get that "Hollywood hunk" body without following boring, bland “bodybuilder” diets or living in the gym. This book shows you how.
SPECIAL BONUSES FOR READERS
With this fitness book, you'll also get a FREE 56-page reference guide with all of the book’s key takeaways, a year’s worth of Bigger Leaner Stronger workouts, 10 premade meal plans for cutting and lean bulking, and more!
So, scroll up, click the "Buy" button now, and begin your journey to a bigger, leaner, and stronger you!