Dr. Lobo, formerly Rappleye Professor and Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Director of the Center for Reproductive Sciences, Columbia University, has done extensive research in various areas of reproductive endocrinology and infertility including estrogen metabolism and menopause. Dr. Lobo has a primary interest in hyperandrogenic disorders and polycystic ovary syndrome. He frequently serves as editor for peer-review journals and has authored over 300 articles and 16 books.
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Williams Gynecology, Third Edition is specifically designed as a practical quick-reference guide for practicing gynecologists and residents, but it will also appeal to clerkship medical students, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Williams Gynecology provides comprehensive coverage of the full spectrum of gynecologic healthcare and disease management, including benign general gynecology; reproductive endocrinology, infertility, and menopause; female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery; and gynecologic oncology. The surgical management sections include Aspects of Gynecologic Surgery and Atlas of Gynecologic Surgery, which covers Surgeries of Benign Gynecologic Conditions, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Surgeries for Female Pelvic Reconstruction, and Surgeries for Gynecologic Malignancies.
Williams Gynecology, Third Edition is beautifully illustrated, with hundreds of original drawings for both the surgical atlas and medical reference portions. Each chapter follows a practical template for a consistent approach to diagnosis and treatment. With its extensive use of treatment algorithms, differential diagnosis boxes, and other elements, this book is also a reliable quick-reference. The third edition has been revised to keep up with new and expanded content on the latest topics, including minimally invasive procedures, benign gynecology, and the subspecialties of urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, and reproductive endocrinology. The authors are internationally known practitioners affiliated with Parkland Memorial Hospital/University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, and the National Institutes for Health.
• Two resources in one—full-color medical text and surgical atlas—conveniently surveys the entire spectrum of gynecologic disease, including general gynecology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology
• Completely illustrated atlas of gynecologic surgery contains over 450 full color figures that illuminate operative techniques
• Unique templated text design ensures a consistent approach to diagnosis and treatment
• Strong procedure orientation covers a vast array of surgical operations, which are illustrated in detail
• Evidence-based discussion of disease evaluation reinforces and supports the clinical relevance of the book’s diagnostic and treatment methods
• Distinguished authorship team from the same Parkland Memorial Hospital ObGyn department responsible for Williams Obstetrics—the leading reference in obstetrics for more than a century
• Heavily illustrated gynecologic anatomy chapter created with the surgeon in mind to emphasize critical anatomy for successful surgery
• New artist drawings of minimally invasive procedures, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology
• Numerous illustrations, photographs, tables, and treatment algorithms
Gynecologic Cancer is the fourth volume in the M.D. Anderson Cancer Care Series, featuring the current standard approach to gynecologic cancer care from the experts at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Designed for the practicing oncologist, this clinical guidebook allows for quick, authoritative access to the latest and best multimodality therapies. Topics covered in this volume include primary prevention and early detection, preinvasive diseases of female lower genital tract, pathology and imaging of gynecologica malignancies, treatment of vaginal, cervical, endometrial, uterine cancers. Discussions also address fertility-sparing options for treatment of women with gynecologica cancers as well as sexuality in women with gyn malignancies. Each of the 20 chapters ends with an up-to-date list of suggested readings, as well as "key practice points" highlighting the most principles and practices of each chapter for at-a-glance reference. More than 80 illustrations complement the text. This thorough, practical volume is the essential clinical guide for the oncologists, surgeons, and all physicians involved in the care of patients with gynecologic cancer.