* Beautifully illustrated with images relating to Andersen’s life and works
* Concise introductions to the novels and other texts
* All 6 novels in English translation, with individual contents tables
* Features rare novels appearing for the first time in digital publishing
* Excellent formatting of the texts
* The complete fairy tales specially arranged in chronological order, with many rare stories often missed out of collections – translations by H. P. Paull
* Famous works such as THE LITTLE MERMAID and THE UGLY DUCKLING are illustrated with their original Danish artwork
* Special alphabetical contents table for the fairy tales
* Easily locate the tales you want to read
* Includes Andersen’s complete travelogues – available in no other collection
* Features Andersen’s extended 1870 autobiography, first time in digital print - discover the author’s intriguing life
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles
O. T. ORIGINAL NOVEL IN TWO PARTS
ONLY A FIDDLER
THE TWO BARONESSES
TO BE OR NOT TO BE?
THE FAIRY TALES
INTRODUCTION TO THE FAIRY TALES
LIST OF FAIRY TALES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
A PICTURE BOOK WITHOUT PICTURES
RAMBLES IN THE ROMANTIC REGIONS OF THE HARTZ MOUNTAINS, SAXON SWITZERLAND
A POET’S BAZAAR
PICTURES OF SWEDEN
A VISIT TO PORTUGAL
THE TRUE STORY OF MY LIFE, 1847
SUPPLEMENT TO THE STORY OF MY LIFE, 1870
HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN BY HJALMAR HJORTH BOYESEN
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles or to purchase this eBook as a Parts Edition of individual eBooks
The tale is about the little poor girl who is sent out to sell matches, Christmas Eve. She freezes but does not dare to go home, to get warm she strokes the matches one by one, but eventually there are no more left.
The famous and much-loved Danish author Hans Christian Andersen celebrated his 200 anniversary the year 2005.
On this occasion we have published five of his best tales retold for children aged 3-9 years and with new illustrations: Tinderbox, The Little Match Girl, The Nightingale, The Emperor's New Clothes and The Ugly Duckling.
Hans Christian Andersen wrote The Little Match Girl in 1848.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.