In A Colony in a Nation, New York Times best-selling author and Emmy Award–winning news anchor Chris Hayes upends the national conversation on policing and democracy. Drawing on wide-ranging historical, social, and political analysis, as well as deeply personal experiences with law enforcement, Hayes contends that our country has fractured in two: the Colony and the Nation. In the Nation, the law is venerated. In the Colony, fear and order undermine civil rights. With great empathy, Hayes seeks to understand this systemic divide, examining its ties to racial inequality, the omnipresent threat of guns, and the dangerous and unfortunate results of choices made by fear.
- Tapping phones and recording conversations
- Interviewing and interrogating to get important information
- Tricky but legal ways to get needed evidence like the pros
- Performing onsite, online, and mobile surveillance without being detected
- Skip tracing to find lost loves or people who owe money
- Investigating backgrounds of potential employees or spouses
- Searching public records online and at the courthouse
- Catching a cheating spouse and gathering evidence for divorce cases
- Finding runaway teenagers
- Doing diligent searches connected with adoptions and estates
- Tracking down burglars, thieves, pickpockets, and purse snatchers
- Advanced techniques and business advice for those interested in starting their own investigative or background screening agency
Along the way, Brown shares fascinating stories from his cases that highlight his clever methods for tracking down evidence and helping his clients find out what they need to know.
Learn how to:Select the optimal breeds, temperament and physical and mental characteristics for protection work. Master the obedience-training techniques that form the foundation of protection training. Use the methods of the Dutch Police Dog (KNPV) program, which produces some of the finest police and protection dogs in the world.
Dr. Resi Gerritsen and Ruud Haak, leading dog trainers from the Netherlands, share their proven, comprehensive program for training dogs for personal protection. Their cutting-edge techniques and work with the International Red Cross, the United Nations and the International Rescue Dog Organization (IRO) have placed them in world demand.
In this fully revised and updated edition of K9 Personal Protection, Resi and Ruud start with the basics, including how to select the right dog for protection work, how to properly raise a protection dog from a puppy and how to correct a dog’s bad behavior. Next, they cover fundamental obedience training for protection dogs, such as training for heelwork, the recall, the send away and more. Finally, they present a complete program for training reliable protection dogs, from basic exercises and decoy techniques to the exercises of the KNPV program.
Get a free ebook through the Shelfie app with the purchase of a print copy.