Have you ever wondered what separates people who think bigger from people who set their bar low? What makes one person accept low standards and another person to constantly raise them?
Why does one person strive to build an international organization affecting the lives of millions of people, while another person is content working her entire life as a clerk? (Not that there’s anything wrong with being a clerk!)
Why is one person challenging herself to run marathons, train her body and get fitter, while another is happy living a sedentary, unhealthy lifestyle?
What drives a person who’s optimizing every single aspect of her life and what causes another person to maintain the status quo?
You can say, “Well, the answer is simple enough – one person is ambitious, while the other one is not.” But what exactly causes it? And most importantly – how do you become more ambitious and think bigger? Is it something you’re born with and can’t change, or is it something over which you have control?
I found this topic so fascinating I decided to find out the answer for myself and write a book about it. This book is the result of my research about people who think big and the science of being more ambitious.
Here are just some of the things you will learn from the book:
- What key things you need to inspire yourself to think bigger, and more importantly, achieve your big goals.
- Why you need a “why,” and what kind of motivators will set you up for success (hint: attaining money or status are some of the least motivating goals possible).
- The single most important thing to thinking bigger. If you don’t have it in your life, you will sabotage your efforts – guaranteed.
- What the chimp is and why you need to learn how to control it to get yourself motivated and work on your big goals. You can be making things hard for yourself without being aware of it.
- How to cultivate the art of strategic laziness to achieve more while doing much less than other people (why work so hard if you can get better results by being lazy?).
- The seven most important triggers of flow – a state of perfect focus where the magic happens.
- The secret of achieving the impossible is not really such a secret, but most people tend to forget about it and get overwhelmed by their goals.
I wrote this book to increase my motivation, teach myself how to think bigger and learn how to raise my standards. I hope the answer I found will help you as much as it has helped me.
You can also learn how to find motivation to become the best version of you. Scroll up and buy the book now.
For more free resources, sign up for my self-improvement newsletter:
how to think big, how to get motivated, how to get more motivation, how to achieve goals, how to set goals, thinking bigger, startup, health, teams, inspiration, big thinking, achieving goals, achieving the impossible, how to be amazing, how to be motivated, motivational guide, business motivational books, business inspirational, how to be a success, how successful people think, goal setting success, ambition, free, permafree
Most of us have no problems identifying goals we want to accomplish. It’s putting these plans into action that is difficult.
Sometimes we lack discipline or motivation. However, there’s another reason why you might struggle to make changes in your life – you have low self-efficacy and don’t believe in your abilities.
What is self-efficacy? What are the main four sources of it? How can you become more confident in your skills?
These are some of the questions I’ll answer in this short book. The advice you’re about to read is based both on scientific research and my personal experience. I will share fundamental knowledge that will help you build more confidence in your abilities and reach your goals.
Here are just a few things you will learn from the book:
- Five characteristics of people with strong self-efficacy and five characteristics of people with weak self-efficacy. These behaviors determine whether you’ll realize your full potential or succumb to mediocrity.
- What you can learn from building a university in space (and what it has to do with the belief in your own abilities). It’s the single most important thing to achieve bigger and bigger goals.
- A simple therapy to teach you how to handle failure the right way. It’s uncomfortable, but you can be sure it will kill your fear of failure once and for all.
- What a strange study about hitting dolls or treating them kindly can teach you about how others affect your beliefs about your competence. It’s the second most effective way to increase the strength of your belief in your abilities.
- What a phenomenon discovered by a German industrial psychologist can teach you about motivation. There’s a simple way to inspire you to put more effort into your goals.
- The #1 key to improving the confidence in your abilities. If you don’t have time to read the entire book, read this one tip alone.
- What a study on experts and novices can teach you about how experts approach problems. You too can adapt this behavior to shorten your learning curve and develop a stronger belief in your abilities.
If you don’t actively work on developing a strong sense of self-efficacy, making any kind of changes in your life will be an extremely difficult ordeal. Scroll up and buy this book now to change your life for the better.
For more free resources, sign up for my self-improvement newsletter:
free book, free self-help, self-efficacy, achieve your goals, develop confidence, believe in yourself, improve confidence, achieve success, achieve more, achieve your dreams, how to change your life, how to change the way you think, limiting beliefs, changing beliefs, self belief, procrastination, how to overcome procrastination, how to stop being lazy, how to stop being insecure, lack of motivation, self-esteem, building competence
Don't miss books 4-10, including the brand new REVOLUTION IN TIME, also available on Google Play!
Out of Time: A Time Travel Mystery (Book #1)
Mystery, romance and adventure...
Professor Simon Cross has spent his life searching for evidence of vampires and avoiding emotional entanglements. When a mysterious accident transports Simon and his assistant, Elizabeth West, back in time, Simon finally finds both the proof that he's been looking for, and the romance that he hasn't.
Simon and Elizabeth's developing relationship is tested by demons real and imagined. In 1920s Manhattan, there are more than mobsters vying for power in the city's speakeasies. When the local kingpin with a dark secret sets his sights on Elizabeth, day to day struggles become a fight for their very lives.
When the Walls Fell (Book #2)
Professor Simon Cross and his assistant Elizabeth West have returned from their accidental journey into the past and are adjusting to their new life together as a couple. But an unwanted visit from the Council for Temporal Studies could change everything.
A murder in the past is changing the future, and if the killing isn't stopped, Simon Cross might never be born.
When they arrive in 1906 San Francisco, Elizabeth and Simon have no idea who wants Victor Graham dead or how it will happen. With the earthquake that leveled most of the city just days away, the race to save Graham thrusts them into a complex mystery of jealousy and revenge where murder might be the least of their worries.
Fragments (Book #3)
Simon & Elizabeth are back in book #3 of the Out of Time Series! Professor Simon Cross and his assistant, Elizabeth West, thought their time traveling days were over. That's before they stumble across a World War II photograph -- with missing time traveler, Evan Eldridge, injured and in desperate need of help.
They find Evan in 1942 London, ill and not quite sure what's happened. He remembers only one thing with crystal clarity -- the whereabouts of an artifact Hitler believes can win the war. That's information every Nazi spy in the country would kill to know.
As if saving Evan and surviving war-torn England weren't enough, the outcome of the war hinges on Simon and Elizabeth finding Evan's artifact before the Nazis do. But time is running out: for them, for London, for the world.
Be sure not to miss the rest of the Out of Time Series including:
The Devil's Due (Book #4)
Thursday's Child (Book #5)
The Sands of Time (Book #6)
A Rip In Time (Book #7)
A Time of Shadows (Book #8)
Voyage in Time: The Titanic (Book #9)
Revolution in Time (Book #10)
Sign up for Monique's newsletter so you don't miss an adventure! moniquemartin.weebly.com/contact--newsletter.html
Time travel romance, mystery, fantasy, romance, paranormal, historical, time travel, historical fantasy, san francisco, new york, london, victorian, ww2, turn of the century, 1920s
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
- what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you'll get my another book, "Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up."
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, stick to a diet, stay motivated, build habits, delayed gratification, personal development
They destroyed his family, stole his kingdom, hunted him to the ends of the earth. Now the beautiful prince is back as a dark killer, ready to take everything. And it starts with her.
*A Dangerous Royals romance with a standalone romance HEA!*
Don’t look at me like that. So trusting.
Like you think I’m not a monster.
Like I won’t wrap your hair in my fist and bend you to my will.
Like I won’t sacrifice you, piece by piece, to save my brother.
I’m the most dangerous enemy you’ll ever have because every time you look at me, you see somebody good. Your friend who died.
And when you look at me like that, I die again.
I spent years making myself invisible. A good girl, apart from the noise.
Then you came back, beautiful and deadly in your Armani suit.
Don’t look at me like you still know me, you say.
But I remember your smile on those long sunny days.
Before they lowered your small casket into the ground.
Before they told us the prince was dead.
~A standalone mafia romance~
Contains explicit sexual content and graphic language that may be objectionable to some readers. Includes sexual dominance and submission and very mild BDSM elements. Keywords: mafia captive, dark mafia romance, erotic, erotica, romantic suspense, bad-boy romance, criminal romance, hostage, alpha male, second chance romance, tied up, handcuffs,