The following articles appear in this autumn/winter 2015 special edition, "The Word of God":
1. The Authority and Utility of the Scriptures – Hugh Binning. The necessity of learning and practising what the Bible teaches is shown from 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. The Duty of Searching the Scriptures – George Whitefield. In which Whitefield illustrates the two great messages of the Scripture (our fallen nature and the grace of God) and gives directions on how to make time spent in Scripture most profitable. Based on John 5:39.
3. The Great Worth of Scripture Knowledge – Francis Roberts. Roberts gives seven helpful directions on how to better read and understand the Word of God.
4. How the Word is to be Read and Heard – Thomas Boston. From Luke 8:18 ("Take heed therefore how ye hear"), Boston teaches how to prepare our hearts for receiving the Word, and how to apply it to our daily lives.
5. How We May Read the Scriptures with Most Spiritual Profit – Thomas Watson. Watson's own collection of twenty-four directions on how to read the Scripture for greatest benefit.
6. The Puritan Practice of Meditation – Drs. Joel R. Beeke and Mark Jones. To read the Scripture is not enough; it must permeate the mind and affect the heart. The authors show how the Puritans used meditation this effect.
On your journey you’ll find the answers to three of life’s most important questions:The Question of Existence: Why am I alive?The Question of Significance: Does my life matter?The Question of Purpose: What on earth am I here for?
Living out the purpose you were created for moves you beyond mere survival and success to a life of significance—the life you were meant to live.
Five benefits of knowing your purpose:It will explain the meaning of your life.It will simplify your life.It will focus your life.It will increase your motivation.It will prepare you for eternity.
This new, expanded edition has been created for a new generation of readers.
With that in mind, The Love Dare Day by Day encourages and challenges couples toward new steps in faith and love with 365 marital encouragements, reminders, and action points worth repeating year after year.
Unconditional love is eagerly promised at weddings, but rarely practiced in real life. As a result, romantic hopes are often replaced with disappointment in the home. But it doesn't have to stay that way. Whether your marriage is hanging by a thread or healthy and strong, The Love Dare Day by Day is a journey you need to take. It's time to learn the keys to finding true intimacy
The best things work for good to the godly
The worst things work for good to the godly
Why all things work for good
The tests of love to God
An exhortation to love God
Exhortations to those who are called
Concerning God’s purpose