Excel Basics In 30 Minutes, 2nd Edition is written in plain English, with lots of step-by-step instructions and screenshots that demonstrate exactly what to do. This MS Excel tutorial references Excel 2016, but most of the step-by-step instructions apply to earlier versions of MS Excel released as part of the Microsoft Office and Office 365 suites, including Excel 2013 and Excel 2010. If you don't own Excel, the book explains how to use two free online spreadsheets programs: Excel Online and Google Sheets (part of the Google Drive online office suite). The book also covers the Excel mobile apps: Excel for Android and Excel for iOS.
Topics in this top-selling Excel book include:
* Excel screen layout, cells, and terminology
* Excel 2016 vs. Excel Online vs. Google Sheets
* Basic Excel formatting
* Excel formulas and functions
* How to make charts in Excel
* Sorting and filtering
* Collaboration and sharing
* Exporting PDF, CSV, and other forms
* Printing tips
* Excel import and export formats (PDF, .CSV, .TSV, text, etc.)
This is not an Excel bible, but rather a basic Excel tutorial and reference that answers the core questions that any new Excel user will have:
* What is a spreadsheet?
* What are cells?
* What is the button with the Greek letter for?
* How can Excel spreadsheets create basic financial projections?
* How can certain data in a worksheet be highlighted?
* How can data be alphabetized or ranked?
* How to edit a chart in Excel
* How to print an Excel spreadsheet without cutting off columns
The second edition is up-to-date with new instructions and high-resolution screenshots of Excel 2016, Excel Online, and the new Google Sheets. It includes new sections about collaboration, OneDrive, and other features.
Here are some real reader reviews of Excel Basics In 30 Minutes:
“Fast and easy, this book is everything it claims to be. The material presented is very basic but it is also incredibly accessible with step-by- step screenshots and a friendly tone more like a friend or co-worker explaining how to use Excel than a technical manual.”
"One thing I particularly liked about 'Excel Basics in 30 minutes' is that it covers BOTH the MS Excel basics and the Google version basics. Explaining anything this intricate in 30 minutes is a challenge. (Can it be read in 30 minutes? Yes, I could do it, but I am not a typical user, I did not need to stop and practice the examples.) I was impressed that the book does go into some of the ‘meat’ of Excel while still being a book that someone with NO previous exposure to a spreadsheet can grasp.”
Excel Basics In 30 Minutes, 2nd Edition is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning technology writer and author of Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and Dropbox In 30 Minutes.
Excel Basics In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition) is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning business and technology journalist and the founder of i30 Media Corporation. He has written for more than a dozen online and print publications and has also served as the managing editor of The Industry Standard. His writing and editorial work has garnered industry awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers and the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
Lamont has written several In 30 Minutes guides, including Dropbox In 30 Minutes, Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.
He is a graduate of the Boston University College of Communication and MIT's Sloan Fellows Program in Innovation and Global Leadership.
• Write letters and reports
• Crunch numbers and create online data entry forms
• Give presentations
• Collaborate online with classmates and colleagues
• Convert Microsoft Office documents to Google formats, and vice versa
• Print documents, drawings, and spreadsheets
• Export PDFs
• Make pie charts, bar charts, and simple tables
• Publish documents and spreadsheets online using the new Google Sites
After covering registration, file creation and other basics, Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition) zeroes in on the most important time-saving tips and productivity tools. Highlights include:
• Converting files between Microsoft Office and Google formats.
• Best practices for organizing files in Google Drive.
• What to expect with collaboration and sharing.
• The pros and cons of Google’s mobile apps for Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
• Accessing older versions of files.
• How to publish your documents to the Web for colleagues or members of the public to view.
• Functions, sorting and filtering in Google Sheets (with examples).
• Using Google Forms to gather data.
• Google Slides: Is it a suitable alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint?
• Working with offline files.
• Downloading third-party apps.
The tone of Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes is friendly and easy to understand, with lots of step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and examples. The guide can be used by anyone with a PC, Mac, or Chromebook. It also includes instructions for using Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android and iOS phones and tablets.
Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes, 2nd Edition is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning technology and business journalist. He has written several books in the "In 30 Minutes" series, including Dropbox In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.
Here's what readers are saying about Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes:
“I am so glad this was made! I've been using Google Docs for a while now and have been encouraging my teacher colleagues to do so as well to facilitate collaboration. It has become my go-to text book to help new users understand quickly. If you're new to Google Drive or Google Documents, this will help you. If you're experienced, and want something to help those who come to you with questions, this is a nice tool to help them remember what you show them. I highly recommend it.”
“I just got a new position that requires record keeping. Having used Google Docs in the past, I decided to update my knowledge. I googled "Docs for dummies" and this was one of the results. I liked the concept that the title implies - a concise guide that will distill what I need and allow me to complete a task quickly”
“A clear and concise explanation of how to navigate your way through google docs.”
“Excellent introduction to Google drive. Well researched, easy to read, nicely organized.”
This Excel 2010 book-and-video training package-from the same professional training experts who also create many training materials for Adobe Systems-is like having your own personal instructor guiding you through each lesson, but you work at your own pace! The full-color ebook includes 8 lessons that teach you the new features and quirks of Microsoft Excel 2010.
Each lesson includes step-by-step instructions and lesson files, and provides valuable video tutorials that complement what you're learning and clearly demonstrate how to do tasks. This training package takes you well beyond the basics in a series of easy-to-absorb, five-minute lessons.Walks you through 8 lessons, each consisting of easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and lesson files in full color that make each task less intimidating Includes all the lesson files from the book and video tutorials that clearly show you how to do tasks and reinforces what you're learning in the book Covers new Excel 2010 features such as Office Web apps that can be accessed from anywhere and a streamlined new Ribbon Additional resources available on companion Web site: www.digitalclassroombooks.com
Learn the ins-and-outs of Excel 2010!
* Setting up your new iPhone 6/iPhone 6S/iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6S Plus
* How to customize your iPhone’s appearance
* What you need to know if you are migrating from Android
* Touch screen basics
* 3D Touch, Peek, and Pop
* Managing your Home screens
* Switching apps and multitasking
* Typing and text tricks
* Siri and its kid brother, Dictation
* Getting the most out of the powerful iPhone camera
* Limitations of Apple's Photos app
* Managing iCloud settings
* Security features, from Find My iPhone to Touch ID
* Wi-Fi and other wireless settings
* Four ways to conserve battery power
* Five ways to free up storage space on your iPhone
* How to tame notifications and after-hours calls
* Moving, deleting, and grouping apps
* Nine great apps for your iPhone
About the series: Since 2012, In 30 Minutes® guides have helped people all over the world understand complex topics, including technology, medicine, and personal finance. For more information, visit in30minutes.com.
In 30 Minutes®: Quick guides for a complex world™
Use Excel® 2013 VBA and Macros to automate virtually any routine task, and save yourself hours, days, maybe
even weeks. Then, learn how to make Excel do things you thought were simply impossible! You’ll discover macro
techniques you won’t find anywhere else and learn how to create automated reports that are amazingly powerful
and useful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad show how to instantly visualize information, so you and your colleagues
can understand and act on it…how to capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere…how to automate
Excel 2013’s most valuable new features. Mastering advanced Excel macros has never been easier. You’ll find
simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world examples and case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with bonus
examples, macros, and solutions–straight from MrExcel.
• Get started fast with Excel 2013 macro development
• Write macros that use Excel 2013 enhancements, including Timelines and the latest pivot table models
• Work efficiently with ranges, cells, and R1C1-style formulas
• Build super-fast applications with arrays
• Write Excel 2013 VBA code that works on older versions of Excel
• Create custom dialog boxes to collect information from your users
• Use error handling to make your macros more resilient
• Use web queries and new web service functions to integrate data from anywhere
• Master advanced techniques such as classes, collections, and custom functions
• Build sophisticated data mining and business analysis applications
• Read and write to both Access and SQL Server databases
• Control other Office programs–and even control Windows itself
• Start writing Excel Apps similar to those in the Excel App Store
About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks
and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen,
Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
• Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make