In just 30 minutes, this book will show you how to set up a static website or blog with its own .com domain. Whether you own a shop, restaurant, consultancy, professional services firm, LLC, or other small business, this book will help your company establish an official online presence. Customers will be able to more easily learn about your business and the products and services it offers, at a cost that's far less than newspaper or Yellow Pages advertising.
Google Blogger For Small Businesses In 30 Minutes uses step-by-step instructions, dozens of screenshots, and many examples to show how to leverage Google's Blogger service for your small business. The book cuts through the confusion when it comes to choosing designs, fonts, links, and other features, helping you identify exactly what you need to do to get your small business website up and running.
Google Blogger For Small Businesses In 30 Minutes covers the following topics:
* What type of small business website should you build?
* The Five-Minute Website Marketing Framework
* Creating a site and registering a domain
* Choosing a great-looking template (with samples to view!)
* Customizing the site’s appearance
* Creating homepage content
* Adding photos, videos, and maps
* Small business sites on mobile devices
* Choosing the right domain for your business
* Using Google Domains to register a .com domain for your small business
* Case Study: Main Street Treats
* Creating a product page
* Creating a page that links to a business Twitter account
* Small business blogs
Google Blogger For Small Businesses In 30 Minutes is an In 30 Minutes guide. Other books in the series include Dropbox In 30 Minutes, LinkedIn In 30 Minutes, Google Drive And Docs In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.
Ian Lamont is an award-winning technology journalist and the founder of i30 Media Corp. He has written for more than a dozen online and print publications, and was the managing editor of The Industry Standard. He has authored several In 30 Minutes guides, including Dropbox In 30 Minutes, Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.
Global Search Engine Optimization: Fine-Tuning Your International Search Engine Results by Anne F. Kennedy and Kristján Már Hauksson is a SEMPO (Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization) recommended read.
Use search to reach all your best customers—worldwide!
Don’t settle for U.S.-only, English-only search marketing: master global search marketing, and reach
all your most profitable customers and prospects—wherever they are!
Leading global search experts Anne Kennedy and Kristján Már Hauksson identify all the challenges associated with global search marketing, and offer proven solutions for every key issue, from culture and communication to technology and law. Discover surprising local differences in how people search, craft online marketing campaigns that reflect local cultures, and learn how to profit from tools and social platforms most North American marketers have never even heard of!
ANNE F. KENNEDY, founder and managing partner of Beyond Ink, provides search engine marketing to companies worldwide. After providing search engine consulting to hundreds of companies—including Hearst Newspapers, Philips Lifeline, and Dunkin’ Donuts—and launching dotcoms Zillow and Avvo online, she formed an international online marketing consortium with Nordic eMarketing in Reykjavik, London, Stockholm, Rome, and Beijing. Anne was a founding member of the board of directors for Helium.com, acquired by publishing giant R.R. Donnelly in 2011.
KRISTJÁN MÁR HAUKSSON has developed search marketing solutions since 1999. Hauksson’s company, Nordic eMarketing, specializes in multilingual online communications, organic SEO, and search marketing in verticals such as tourism, finance, government, and pharmaceuticals. Kristján founded Iceland’s SEO/SEM forum, is on the board of SEMPO, and organizes the annual Reykjavik Internet Marketing Conference.
You’ll Learn How To:
• Build cost-effective campaigns that leverage commonalities in global search markets
• Choose the right search media for each market—including markets Google doesn’t dominate
• Achieve higher rankings in search engines around the world
• Organize effective global pay-per-click campaigns
• Search-optimize online PR and other content
• Craft mobile sites and apps for international audiences
• Use web analytics to track KPIs in multilingual/multicultural campaigns
• Find the best non-U.S. information resources for better search marketing
• Prepare for the future of global search
INCLUDES SPECIFIC SOLUTIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS FOR:
• China, Hong Kong, Taiwan
• Middle East
• North Africa
• French-speaking Canada
• Nordic countries
• South Korea
• Spanish-speaking South America
• The Netherlands
• United Kingdom
* Create a new Twitter account online or on your phone
* Customize your Twitter profile with photos and a bio that's right for you
* Navigate Twitter icons, the Twitter app, and Twitter.com
* Follow other Twitter accounts … and block those you don't like
* Identify local people and organizations using Twitter
* Find people who share the same interests and hobbies
* Compose your first Tweets
* Share photos
* Use hashtags, retweets, and other Twitter conventions
There's more. Twitter In 30 Minutes shows you how all kinds of people use Twitter to promote their businesses, connect with their followers, explore their interests, and have fun! It's peppered with real-world examples, from everyday people to celebrities.
Authored by award-winning technology journalist Ian Lamont, the revised third edition of Twitter In 30 Minutes covers Twitter's new interface for the Web and mobile devices such as the iPhone and Android phones. There are new screenshots, along with instructions for registration on iOS and Android devices.
Twitter In 30 Minutes is a perfect introduction to people who are new to Twitter, as well as those who already have accounts and want to learn how to get the most out of Twitter. Buy the book today!
Here's what real readers are saying about TWITTER IN 30 MINUTES:
"I quickly set up a Twitter account and started using it within a half hour. I would recommend this book for anyone who doesn't have a Twitter account, for those who do have one but aren't actively using it, and for those who aren't quite sure how to get the most out of their account."
"Though I have been using Twitter for some time now, I still learned a thing or two from reading this."
"Clarified any issues I had or concerns and listed some excellent precautions."
"Perfect introduction to Twitter. Quick and easy read with lots of photos. I finally understand the #!"
"I've been tweeting for over a year but learned a lot if helpful details I hadn't been aware of until now. Lots of easy to understand info, and good instructions with screenshots that make it easy to understand. Thanks for the help and making Twitter even more fun."
"Just the quick, light intro I wanted. No annoying bits of philosophy. Some careful warnings about privacy and courtesy are included. You really can skim it in 30 minutes."
"Easy to read and actually fun to fire up my twitter account and play along with each chapter. Everyone has 30 spare minutes spread out over a week (if not a day) to read this guide."
In his 2009 international bestseller Crush It, Gary insisted that a vibrant personal brand was crucial to entrepreneurial success, In Crushing It!, Gary explains why that’s even more true today, offering his unique perspective on what has changed and what principles remain timeless. He also shares stories from other entrepreneurs who have grown wealthier—and not just financially—than they ever imagined possible by following Crush It principles. The secret to their success (and Gary’s) has everything to do with their understanding of the social media platforms, and their willingness to do whatever it took to make these tools work to their utmost potential. That’s what Crushing It! teaches readers to do.
In this lively, practical, and inspiring book, Gary dissects every current major social media platform so that anyone, from a plumber to a professional ice skater, will know exactly how to amplify his or her personal brand on each. He offers both theoretical and tactical advice on how to become the biggest thing on old standbys like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat; podcast platforms like Spotify, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and iTunes; and other emerging platforms such as Musical.ly. For those with more experience, Crushing It! illuminates some little-known nuances and provides innovative tips and clever tweaks proven to enhance more common tried-and-true strategies.
Crushing It! is a state-of-the-art guide to building your own path to professional and financial success, but it’s not about getting rich. It’s a blueprint to living life on your own terms.
• Write letters and reports
• Crunch numbers and create online data entry forms
• Give presentations
• Collaborate online with classmates and colleagues
• Convert Microsoft Office documents to Google formats, and vice versa
• Print documents, drawings, and spreadsheets
• Export PDFs
• Make pie charts, bar charts, and simple tables
• Publish documents and spreadsheets online using the new Google Sites
After covering registration, file creation and other basics, Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition) zeroes in on the most important time-saving tips and productivity tools. Highlights include:
• Converting files between Microsoft Office and Google formats.
• Best practices for organizing files in Google Drive.
• What to expect with collaboration and sharing.
• The pros and cons of Google’s mobile apps for Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
• Accessing older versions of files.
• How to publish your documents to the Web for colleagues or members of the public to view.
• Functions, sorting and filtering in Google Sheets (with examples).
• Using Google Forms to gather data.
• Google Slides: Is it a suitable alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint?
• Working with offline files.
• Downloading third-party apps.
The tone of Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes is friendly and easy to understand, with lots of step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and examples. The guide can be used by anyone with a PC, Mac, or Chromebook. It also includes instructions for using Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android and iOS phones and tablets.
Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes, 2nd Edition is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning technology and business journalist. He has written several books in the "In 30 Minutes" series, including Dropbox In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.
Here's what readers are saying about Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes:
“I am so glad this was made! I've been using Google Docs for a while now and have been encouraging my teacher colleagues to do so as well to facilitate collaboration. It has become my go-to text book to help new users understand quickly. If you're new to Google Drive or Google Documents, this will help you. If you're experienced, and want something to help those who come to you with questions, this is a nice tool to help them remember what you show them. I highly recommend it.”
“I just got a new position that requires record keeping. Having used Google Docs in the past, I decided to update my knowledge. I googled "Docs for dummies" and this was one of the results. I liked the concept that the title implies - a concise guide that will distill what I need and allow me to complete a task quickly”
“A clear and concise explanation of how to navigate your way through google docs.”
“Excellent introduction to Google drive. Well researched, easy to read, nicely organized.”
When managers and marketers outline their social media strategies, they plan for the “right hook”—their next sale or campaign that’s going to knock out the competition. Even companies committed to jabbing—patiently engaging with customers to build the relationships crucial to successful social media campaigns—want to land the punch that will take down their opponent or their customer’s resistance in one blow. Right hooks convert traffic to sales and easily show results. Except when they don’t.
Thanks to massive change and proliferation in social media platforms, the winning combination of jabs and right hooks is different now. Vaynerchuk shows that while communication is still key, context matters more than ever. It’s not just about developing high-quality content, but developing high-quality content perfectly adapted to specific social media platforms and mobile devices—content tailor-made for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr.