This detailed 2nd Edition has many illustrations, giving readers solid foundation in the procedures, issues, benefits, and reverse benefits associated with current shale reservoir development using Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking).
Book contents, among others, include a concise explanation on:
* Natural Gas/crude oil (Conventional and Unconventional)
* Formation Preparation for Hydraulic Fracturing
* Well Drilling Process
* Well Completion Process (Perforation)
* Horizontal Well: The Preferred Well Configuration for Fracking
* Hydraulic Fracturing – Procedures, etc.
* Offshore Fracking: Quietly on the rise
* Common Misconception of Fracking Technique
* Environmental Concerns of Hydraulic Fracturing
* Benefits and reverse benefits of Hydraulic Fracturing
* Winners and losers when oil and gas prices fall
* Eco-Friendly Alternatives to Hydraulic Fracturing
Those who use this book include Technical/Nontechnical persons, students, and all that are following the trend in the global oil and gas industry. Readers are given a good footing on the procedures, issues, and benefits concerning “Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking)”.