and Experience Immense Relief!
If you've heard it all, tried it all, and felt discouraged by not seeing results, this book is for you.
With so much conflicting information available about health and weight loss, Dr. Robert Lesslie rises above the noise and takes a refreshing, reasonable, and encouraging approach to the topic.
Drawing on his 30-plus years of working in the medical field, Dr. Lesslie provides practical answers to pertinent questions, such as...Why don't low-fat diets work—and which diets do?Are weight-loss medications and medical procedures viable options?Why are commercial weight-loss plans so expensive, and are they worth it?How much exercise do I need a week, and what kind of activity is best?What is a reasonable weight-loss goal?
Filled with safe and effective ideas for slimming down, 60 Ways to Lose 10 Pounds (or More) is your go-to handbook for practical advice and in-the-moment inspiration. Let Dr. Lesslie become your cheerleader and coach as you work toward your weight-loss goal.
One out of every two women will die of heart disease. It is the single greatest health risk for women today–more than stroke and all cancers combined. In the course of her practice, and as chief of Women’s Cardiac Care at New York’s Lenox Hill Hospital, Dr. Nieca Goldberg has come to a startling realization: Women experience heart disease in a fundamentally different way than men do.
The physiology of a woman’s heart attack is not the same as a man’s, the symptoms of heart disease and signs of impending heart attack differ for women, and once heart disease has been recognized, women often do not get the treatment and medications they require. Now here are detailed, age-specific programs that give women the facts and the guidance they need to recognize, treat, and prevent heart disease, including
• how you can rate your risk of heart disease
• the effects of menopause on your heart
• risk factors you can change–starting today
• a heart-healthy exercise plan that works for you
• a complete guide to heart-healthy supplements
• the truth about hormone replacement therapy and the heart
• recovering from a heart attack or surgery
Authoritative, caring, and up-to-the-minute, this is the women’s health book for the new millennium.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
In his new book, The Simple Heart Cure, you’ll find this top doc’s groundbreaking approach to preventing and reversing heart disease — an approach honed by his study of foreign cultures free of heart disease and decades of experience helping patients achieve a healthier heart at any age.
Dr. Crandall is living proof of his program’s success. At the age of 48, and with no major risk factors, he found himself in the ER with a “widow-maker” blockage of his main coronary artery. After emergency heart surgery, he recovered from heart disease using the same course of treatment he recommends to his thousands of patients — and details for your benefit — in The Simple Heart Cure.
His unique perspective as both doctor and patient helps him empathize with the difficulties in making a transition from years of bad habits to a heart-healthy way of life. Plus, Dr. Crandall believes in using every weapon in his medical arsenal — conventional medicine, emerging treatments, lifestyle changes, even alternative therapies — to help his patients recover.
Here are just a few of the potentially life-saving gems you’ll discover:
• Proven ways to banish bad cholesterol
• How to slash your risk of a deadly heart attack by 61%
• 8 easy steps to head off that high blood pressure
• How you can safeguard against stroke
• Simple strategies to unclog your arteries without surgery
• What your belly says about your heart health
• Must-have heart tests for everyone over 50
• Easy solutions to steer clear of statin drugs, and much more...
So whether you just want to prevent heart problems, or you’ve already had a heart attack, you’ll find the help you need in The Simple Heart Cure, along with tasty, heart-healthy menus and a 90-day week-by-week plan to help you start taking action immediately.
Prescription Drug Abuse shows how big the problem is: how it became a problem, what is being done about it, and what readers can do. The book shows the risks, the benefits, and the safe way to use some of modern healthcare’s most miraculous medicines.
After reading this book, Dr. Leyla hopes the reader will not only understand the limitations of doctors and drugs, but also take responsibility for their own health and start seeking holistic and alternative solutions for their own healthcare needs.
You will discover from reading this book:
• The simple truth of how drugs really work to only suppress symptoms, and create long-term customers.
• How the medical system has become the accepted standard of treatment in our capitalistic society because it is the most profitable—not the most effective.
• The limitations of doctors and drugs.
• Doctors and drugs often cause more harm than good.
• The path to true healing is often beyond the scope of a medical doctor’s training and knowledge.
• Interviews with several individuals who have healed themselves from various health conditions including pain, toxicities, eating disorders, Tourette Syndrome, neuropathy, and cancer.
• Interviews with practitioners who have unique viewpoints, such as an Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner, a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, and a Medical Anthropologist.
“Ali writes with refreshing candor about her disillusionment with traditional medicine... Insightfully portrays an ailing American health system and ways to improve one's health.
-Kirkus Book Reviews
“... Dr Ali does a marvellous job of presenting a potentially heavy subject in an accessible, clear and entertaining manner."
-Adam Smith, Alliance for Natural Health International
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 My Journey
Chapter 2 Why Western Medicine?
Chapter 3 Doctors and Drugs
Chapter 4 What’s Wrong with American Medicine?
Chapter 5 Cleansing and Detox
Chapter 6 Weight Loss
Chapter 7 Pain
Chapter 8 Power of the Mind
Chapter 9 Emotions
Chapter 10 Cancer
Chapter 11 What I Hate About Pharmacy
Chapter 12 Case Study
Chapter 13 Are Drugs Really a Problem?
Chapter 14 The Gameplan
Chapter 15 Starting Your Holistic Journey
For all the times you've said, "Why did I just eat that?"
Say good-bye to one of the most overlooked areas of our relationship to food -- mindless eating. This groundbreaking book shines new light on why we eat along with practical, proven strategies to control our eating.
Does your busy schedule translate into eating on the run or skipping meals altogether? Is your life so filled with multitasking and on-the-go consumption that eating becomes a thing to do while doing other things? Dr. Linda knows that all too often such eating becomes a source of guilt and distress.
The more stressed we feel, the more food becomes a source of gratification and relief -- a numbing agent. Dieting treats only symptoms. "Unless people are coached to be intentional about their eating, they will continue to eat mindlessly and be part of the 90 to 95 percent of failed dieters," writes Dr. Linda. "A new approach is needed -- one that addresses the emotional, relational, and spiritual side of our relationship to food."
Food is not your enemy; it is something you can once again enjoy! Dr. Linda deals with the root causes of unintentional eating and restores your joy of eating. This is your practical guide to cultivating a healthy awareness of eating that attends to your body, soul, and spirit.