Their approach is positive and straightforward, providing simple strategies for nurturing better behaviour and providing a happy, supportive home environment.
The book will tackle:
- How to help teens feel supported and secure
- Strategies for improving communication
- Dealing with digital technology and media influences
- Ways to encourage self-confidence and independence
- Coping with challenging behaviour, attitudes and pastimes
- Plus: drinking, drugs, smoking, sex, porn, video games, bullying, peer pressure, loneliness and eating disorders
This book provides a positive, enthusiastic and inspiring approach to the teenage years, showing how parents can help their teens develop the skills they will need for a happy adult lives.
Janey and Naella are both qualified counsellors who specialise in teenage development and emotional literacy. Together they run Teenagers Translated – a business focused on aiding and guiding both parents and adolescents through the teenage years. They run courses, workshops and talks over the UK to help people cope with teenage-related issues.
• One of Healthline's Best Parenting Books of 2017
• 2016 Mom's Choice Award Winner
• 2016 National Parenting Product Award Winner
• 2016 Family Choice Award Winner
"1-2-3 Magic made parenting fun again."
"My three-year-old has become a different little girl, and she is so much happier now."
"All I have to say is that the ideas in this book really WORK! It really is like magic!"
"Our home has become a much more positive place."
The sixth edition of the 1.8 million-copy bestseller 1-2-3 Magic by internationally acclaimed parenting expert Thomas W. Phelan, Ph.D. compiles two decades of research and experience into an easy-to-use program designed for parents striving to connect more deeply with their children and help them develop into healthy, capable teenagers and adults. Dr. Phelan breaks down the complex task of parenting into three straightforward steps:
1. Helping your children learn how to control their emotions and refrain from negative behavior, including tantrums, whining, and sibling rivalry
2. Encouraging good behavior in your children and providing positive feedback
3. Strengthening your relationships with your children to reinforce the natural parent-child bond
You'll find tools to use in virtually every situation, as well as real-life stories from parents who have successfully navigated common parenting challenges such as reluctance to do chores, talking back, and refusing to go to bed or getting up in the middle of the night. For years, millions of parents from all over the world have used the award-winning 1-2-3 Magic program to help their children develop emotional intelligence, raise healthier, happier families, and put the fun back into parenting.
Along with other highly-respected parenting classics such as How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, Parenting with Love and Logic, The 5 Love Languages of Children, No Drama Discipline, and The Whole Brain Child, 1-2-3 Magic is an essential tool for parents hoping to connect more deeply with their children.