This Element is an excerpt from The Truth About Starting a Business (9780137144501), by Bruce R. Barringer. Available in print and digital formats.
The three realities you must understand to create a winning marketing plan.
Marketing is one area where hard work and ingenuity can make up for a lack of funds. It’s also an area where money can be easily wasted if a business doesn’t have a well-thought-out marketing plan. There are three things to be mindful of as you approach the topic of marketing and promotions in a new business. First, a business’s marketing efforts should be consistent with its overall mission and values. For example….
Complete Day Trading Course
How To Day Trade Stocks For Profit is a complete course designed to get you quickly making money from the stock market. No previous trading experience is necessary. Easy to read and jargon-free, it starts right from the very basics, and builds to a remarkably simple but very powerful profit generating strategy.
What Others Are Saying
Readers of this book make real money, as this short selection of comments shows:
• "Have been using the info in the book for three days... $1,490.00 in the bank."
• "It was a great day! I made a $1175.50 profit."
• “Per 1 January I started day trading full time."
• “I am already making my job salary in trading."
• “I ended my first day of live trading with a net profit of $279.53.”
Just some of what you will discover inside:
• What really makes the stock market tick (and how you can make lots of money from it).
• The single biggest difference between people who make money and those who lose it.
• How to trade with other people's money, and still keep the profit for yourself.
• Specific trading instructions, exactly when to buy and sell for maximum profit.
• How to make money even when the stock market is falling.
• The five reasons most traders lose their shirt, and how you can easily overcome them.
• Three powerful methods to banish fear and emotion from you trading - forever.
• How you can get started trading with absolutely no risk at all.
• 14 Golden Rules of trading that virtually guarantee you will be making money in no time.
The book is packed with real life examples and plenty of exercises that mean you’ll be ready to go from reading about trading, to actually making your own trades that put cash in the bank.
Valuation: The Market Approach puts an end to this problem, providing the reader with a rational scientific-based understanding and the necessary tools to perform a sound market approach valuation, or if reviewing such valuations, provide the tools to challenge the work of the arts-based senior experts.
The book begins with an in-depth review of the basics; which is then applied in a detailed worked example. Step-by-step, the reader’s expertise is built towards a complete understanding and implementation of the market approach, not only on a standalone basis but also in relation to the DCF methodology.
The book is aimed at the seasoned professional, but will also be invaluable to students as they apply their academic knowledge to the real world of valuation and M&A.
About the author:
SETH BERNSTROM is a Director at the Valuations practice of PwC. He has 15 years of experience as a valuation expert with a special focus on private equity, with long-running engagements in Valuation for some of the leading Nordic private equity houses. Additionally, he provides valuation support and valuation-related advisory services to large and medium-sized Nordic and (Nordic-based) global companies. In addition to his regular work at PwC, he also acts as Visiting Lecturer on valuation at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Furthermore, he often gives lectures and seminars on valuation at other leading Nordic universities, investment banks, companies, and organizations. He holds a Master of Science in Business Administration and Economics from the Stockholm University School of Business.