This updated edition includes patterns for mobile apps and social media, as well as web applications and desktop software. Each pattern contains full-color examples and practical design advice that you can use immediately. Experienced designers can use this guide as a sourcebook of ideas; novices will find a roadmap to the world of interface and interaction design.
- Design engaging and usable interfaces with more confidence and less guesswork
- Learn design concepts that are often misunderstood, such as affordances, visual hierarchy, navigational distance, and the use of color
- Get recommendations for specific UI patterns, including alternatives and warnings on when not to use them
- Mix and recombine UI ideas as you see fit
- Polish the look and feel of your interfaces with graphic design principles and patterns
"Anyone who's serious about designing interfaces should have this book on their shelf for reference. It's the most comprehensive cross-platform examination of common interface patterns anywhere."--Dan Saffer, author of Designing Gestural Interfaces (O'Reilly) and Designing for Interaction (New Riders)