Tractor Agskills provides a basic guide to some of the skills needed in tractor operation and maintenance. The book contains step-by-step instructions, diagrams, and full-colour pictures.
This book will help you:
• Perform a pre-start safety check
• Change oil and filter
• Operate a tractor and implement in field conditions
• Reverse a trailed implement
• Attach, operate and remove a PTO driven implement.
Tractor AgSkills is part of the AgSkills series: books that provide clear explanations about a wide range of practical tasks performed in farming. Industry personnel and departmental officers have been involved in compiling these Agskills.
- General safety precautions
- Perform a Pre-start Safety Check on a Tractor
- Daily Service a Tractor
- Oil and Filter Change
- Service a Diesel Fuel Injection System
- General Tractor Maintenance
- Drive a Tractor (basic)
- Typical International Warning Symbols
- Attach, Reverse and Remove a Trailed Implement
- Attach and Remove a 3-point Linkage Implement
- Attach and Remove a Trailed Implement with Remote Hydraulics
- Attach, Operate and Remove a PTO Driven Implement
- Operate a Tractor and Implement in Field Conditions
- Operate a Tractor with Precision Control Technology (PCT)
- What is a Safe Work Method Statement?
- Check your skill
- Other Agskills books
Jennifer Laffan has written many publications and training resources for the NSW Department of Primary Industries, including others in the AgSkills series.
David Brouwer lectured in Agronomy at Tocal College for 15 years before developing a course in Conservation and Land Management for external students. He has run external diploma studies in agriculture and land management for almost 20 years. He has authored and co-authored over 50 books for students as well as running courses in property planning for farmers.