In addition, this book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection.
My Windows 10 Tablet is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft, which covers the following topics:
· Taking advantage of Windows 10's best new features for tablets
· Getting productive fast, and taking control of the new Windows 10 interface and Start menu
· Securely connecting your Windows 10 tablet and using it safely in mobile environments
· Browsing the Web more quickly and reliably with the new Edge browser
· Connecting your tablet to your phone, other PCs, and other devices
· Making the most of the Cortana personal digital assistant
· Working with Windows 10—compatible Microsoft Office apps
· Using Continuum to work seamlessly on both tablets and other Windows devices
· Updating, maintaining, and troubleshooting your tablet
· Saving time and using your tablet to enhance your daily life
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, colorful screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost or confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help you get started quickly. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems you're most likely to encounter.
How to access the web edition:
Follow the instructions in the book to learn how to register your book to access the FREE Web Edition.
Jim Cheshire has been using Microsoft software for decades. He has worked for Microsoft for almost 20 years and currently works in the cloud computing world of Azure. He has written more than a dozen books on technology. When not working, you’ll usually find Jim spending time with his wife and two children or bass fishing with his son.
You can contact Jim at email@example.com.
Windows® RT 8.1
instructions with callouts to Surface 2 photos that show you exactly what to do
when you run into Surface 2 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes
to help you get the most from your Surface 2
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping
your Surface 2 working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Get started quickly with Surface 2 and Windows RT 8.1
• Connect to Wi-Fi, share printers, and access files from your network or your SkyDrive cloud storage account
• Get on the Web fast and enjoy it more with Internet Explorer 11 and the Bing search engine
• Secure your Surface and control what your kids can do with it
• Do all your Facebook and Twitter social networking through the People app
• Find and play the music you love with Xbox Music, Radio, and Xbox Music Pass
• Watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, and other streaming video
• Instantly retrieve up-to-the-minute news from top media and journalists
• Create, edit, format, proof, and share documents with Word 2013
• Crunch numbers with Excel 2013
• Present on the go with PowerPoint 2013
• Use OneNote 2013 to organize notes, sync them across devices, and access them from anywhere
• Manage email and track your calendar with Outlook 2013
• Go anywhere with Surface 2’s easy maps and directions
• Capture, manage, touch up, and geotag your photos
• Make sure your files are always safely backed up
• Find the best new Windows Store Apps
• Keep your Surface 2 working reliably, with maximum battery life
• Personalize your Surface 2 using the newest customization settings
• Get more help whenever you need it
My Microsoft® Windows® 10 is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft. It includes 2 hours of FREE step-by-step video tutorials to help you learn how to navigate and customize the new Windows 10 desktop.
In addition, this book is part of Que’s exciting new Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection. To learn more, visit www.quepublishing.com/CUP.
How to access the free video and web edition: Follow the instructions within the book to learn how to register your book to access the 2 hours of FREE step-by-step video and the FREE Web Edition.
Author Katherine Murray has been writing about technology for more than 25 years and has worked with every consumer version of Windows since Windows 3.1. Murray will help you learn how to:Master Windows 10 innovations you like and keep the older techniques you’re comfortable with Let Cortana, your new personal digital assistant, help you find what you need Adjust the Start menu so it works the way you want (not the other way around!) Learn to use Windows 10 on PC or tablet Streamline your browsing experience with Microsoft® Edge, the new state-of-the-art web browser Find, download, install, and work with the best new Windows Store apps Copy, move, and share files using File Explorer Use the Skype app to make super-easy, free video calls Access all your favorite media with the new Groove Music and Movies & TV apps
• Master all the basics, fast: reading, playing, watching, browsing, and more
• Tweak your Kindle Fire for quicker access and longer battery life
• Sample best-seller book chapters for free
• Mark up any eBook with highlights, notes, and bookmarks
• Convert your personal documents for use on Kindle Fire
• Discover Calibre, a powerful eBook management tool
• Control even the largest music libraries
• Get instant answers from Wikipedia, and from Kindle Fire’s built-in dictionary
• Listen to personalized Internet radio stations created just for you
• Use your Kindle Fire as a digital photo frame
• Prevent unwanted subscription charges
• Set up any email account to work on your Kindle Fire
• Explore any web content with Amazon’s innovative Silk browser
• Use Amazon Cloud to get your stuff anywhere—even if you left your Kindle at home
• And much much more…
Unlike many other guides which might only briefly mention or skip over some very import Kindle Fire features My Kindle Fire covers everything. Here are just a few of the things you'll find in My Kindle Fire that aren't covered in other guides:
• Full coverage of Calibre, a free application for Mac or PC that helps manage your eBook library
• A large number of walkthroughs for managing music playlists, including how to use cloud playlists.
• How to reinstall multiple apps at once in case you reset your Kindle Fire.
• Step-by-step walkthroughs on configuring all types of email accounts.
• Coverage on handling attachments in your email application.
• Importing contacts from your existing email application or cloud service and how you can export your contacts in order to back them up.
• How to use Copy and Paste on the Kindle Fire.
• How to use social networking integration with Facebook and others.
• Walkthroughs on using the Gallery app, Pandora, Audible, and other popular apps.
• Shows you how to access files on other computers in your house right from your Kindle Fire.
Make the most of your new Amazon KindleTM eBook reader! Read books, play media, get free content, uncover powerful, little-known Kindle features you’ll love!
Learn to do all this and much more…Connect to Amazon’s Kindle Store and buy content Download a world of free books and other content Manage your content and quickly find what you’re looking for Read books on Kindle and customize a better reading experience Quickly sync content across multiple Kindles and other devices Make the most of Kindle’s menus, keyboard shortcuts, and search Read Adobe PDFs without converting them Listen to Audible audiobooks–and use Kindle’s text-to-speech to hear other books, too Play MP3 music and games Use Kindle’s built-in New Oxford American Dictionary and Oxford Dictionary of English Add bookmarks, notes, clips, and highlights to your books Use Kindle Whispernet to read email, check Facebook, even manage your Netflix queue Convert and manage Kindle content with Calibre Find the best third-party Kindle apps, add-ons, and web resources