• Master all the basics, fast: reading, playing, watching, browsing, and more
• Tweak your Kindle Fire for quicker access and longer battery life
• Sample best-seller book chapters for free
• Mark up any eBook with highlights, notes, and bookmarks
• Convert your personal documents for use on Kindle Fire
• Discover Calibre, a powerful eBook management tool
• Control even the largest music libraries
• Get instant answers from Wikipedia, and from Kindle Fire’s built-in dictionary
• Listen to personalized Internet radio stations created just for you
• Use your Kindle Fire as a digital photo frame
• Prevent unwanted subscription charges
• Set up any email account to work on your Kindle Fire
• Explore any web content with Amazon’s innovative Silk browser
• Use Amazon Cloud to get your stuff anywhere—even if you left your Kindle at home
• And much much more…
Unlike many other guides which might only briefly mention or skip over some very import Kindle Fire features My Kindle Fire covers everything. Here are just a few of the things you'll find in My Kindle Fire that aren't covered in other guides:
• Full coverage of Calibre, a free application for Mac or PC that helps manage your eBook library
• A large number of walkthroughs for managing music playlists, including how to use cloud playlists.
• How to reinstall multiple apps at once in case you reset your Kindle Fire.
• Step-by-step walkthroughs on configuring all types of email accounts.
• Coverage on handling attachments in your email application.
• Importing contacts from your existing email application or cloud service and how you can export your contacts in order to back them up.
• How to use Copy and Paste on the Kindle Fire.
• How to use social networking integration with Facebook and others.
• Walkthroughs on using the Gallery app, Pandora, Audible, and other popular apps.
• Shows you how to access files on other computers in your house right from your Kindle Fire.
In addition, this book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection.
My Windows 10 Tablet is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft, which covers the following topics:
· Taking advantage of Windows 10's best new features for tablets
· Getting productive fast, and taking control of the new Windows 10 interface and Start menu
· Securely connecting your Windows 10 tablet and using it safely in mobile environments
· Browsing the Web more quickly and reliably with the new Edge browser
· Connecting your tablet to your phone, other PCs, and other devices
· Making the most of the Cortana personal digital assistant
· Working with Windows 10—compatible Microsoft Office apps
· Using Continuum to work seamlessly on both tablets and other Windows devices
· Updating, maintaining, and troubleshooting your tablet
· Saving time and using your tablet to enhance your daily life
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, colorful screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost or confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help you get started quickly. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems you're most likely to encounter.
How to access the web edition:
Follow the instructions in the book to learn how to register your book to access the FREE Web Edition.
While many books can be enjoyed for their basic stories, there are often deeper literary meanings interwoven in these texts. How to Read Literature Like a Professor helps us to discover those hidden truths by looking at literature with the eyes—and the literary codes—of the ultimate professional reader: the college professor.
What does it mean when a literary hero travels along a dusty road? When he hands a drink to his companion? When he's drenched in a sudden rain shower? Ranging from major themes to literary models, narrative devices, and form, Thomas C. Foster provides us with a broad overview of literature—a world where a road leads to a quest, a shared meal may signify a communion, and rain, whether cleansing or destructive, is never just a shower—and shows us how to make our reading experience more enriching, satisfying, and fun.
This revised edition includes new chapters, a new preface, and a new epilogue, and incorporates updated teaching points that Foster has developed over the past decade.
Windows® RT 8.1
instructions with callouts to Surface 2 photos that show you exactly what to do
when you run into Surface 2 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes
to help you get the most from your Surface 2
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping
your Surface 2 working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Get started quickly with Surface 2 and Windows RT 8.1
• Connect to Wi-Fi, share printers, and access files from your network or your SkyDrive cloud storage account
• Get on the Web fast and enjoy it more with Internet Explorer 11 and the Bing search engine
• Secure your Surface and control what your kids can do with it
• Do all your Facebook and Twitter social networking through the People app
• Find and play the music you love with Xbox Music, Radio, and Xbox Music Pass
• Watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, and other streaming video
• Instantly retrieve up-to-the-minute news from top media and journalists
• Create, edit, format, proof, and share documents with Word 2013
• Crunch numbers with Excel 2013
• Present on the go with PowerPoint 2013
• Use OneNote 2013 to organize notes, sync them across devices, and access them from anywhere
• Manage email and track your calendar with Outlook 2013
• Go anywhere with Surface 2’s easy maps and directions
• Capture, manage, touch up, and geotag your photos
• Make sure your files are always safely backed up
• Find the best new Windows Store Apps
• Keep your Surface 2 working reliably, with maximum battery life
• Personalize your Surface 2 using the newest customization settings
• Get more help whenever you need it