Make the most of your new Amazon KindleTM eBook reader! Read books, play media, get free content, uncover powerful, little-known Kindle features you’ll love!
Learn to do all this and much more…
Jim Cheshire is a computer professional and author of numerous bestselling books on web design and application development. He has been featured in PC Magazine and MSDN Magazine and currently works at Microsoft on the ASP.NET, Expression Studio, and IIS teams. An early adopter of eBook technology, he owns and uses three Kindles and other eBook readers.
A vast improvement over the original Galaxy Tab, the 10.1 uses the latest version of the Android operating system and is a 4G LTE mobile device. These upgrades—along with many others, including the better screen quality, better web browsing with Flash, and better multitasking capabilities—are all covered in this fun and friendly guide to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Everything from how-to topics to the most useful features to helpful tricks and techniques, this practical guide shows you how to get the most out of this cutting-edge device.Details how the Galaxy Tab 10.1 goes one step further than the iPad with phone communications plus video chat and conferencing Explains in detail how to find your way around the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Covers e-mailing, web browsing, using the digital library, connecting with friends in the galaxy, taking photos with the camera, and enjoying music Highlights how to customize your Galaxy Tab 10.1 so that it's right for your needs
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 For Dummies is must-have reading for anyone who wants to go beyond the basics and explore another galaxy of tablet computing!
Perfect for new and experienced users, this no-fluff guide to the Google Nexus 7 tablet is packed with tips and details on apps, services, settings, and documents. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for dictating, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, going online, and using Google Now.
New apps and features covered include Camera, Clock, Google Keep, Android Device Manager, Play Games, Quick Settings, Lock-screen widgets, multiple users, restricted profiles, HDMI screen mirroring, external displays, Miracast, wireless charging, app verification, gesture typing, printing, cellular (LTE/HSPA+) connections, privacy options, Hangouts, the notification light, the remodeled Google Play store, and the updated versions of Chrome, Gmail, and Maps.
- Covers all Nexus 7 models and Android 4.4 (KitKat).
- Covers all Google Play edition (pure Android) tablets, including the LG G Pad 8.3.
- Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.- Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
- Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
- Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, and more.
- Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
- Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
- Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
- Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
- Back up your data to the cloud.
- Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Browse the web with Chrome.
- Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
- Send, receive, and manage your email with Gmail or Email.
- Chat with family and friends on Hangouts.
- Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
- Manage your day-to-day life with Calendar, People, Google Keep, and Clock.
- Find your way with Maps.
- Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
- Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Play music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Gallery.
- Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus 7
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting
In addition, this book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection.
My Windows 10 Tablet is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft, which covers the following topics:
· Taking advantage of Windows 10's best new features for tablets
· Getting productive fast, and taking control of the new Windows 10 interface and Start menu
· Securely connecting your Windows 10 tablet and using it safely in mobile environments
· Browsing the Web more quickly and reliably with the new Edge browser
· Connecting your tablet to your phone, other PCs, and other devices
· Making the most of the Cortana personal digital assistant
· Working with Windows 10—compatible Microsoft Office apps
· Using Continuum to work seamlessly on both tablets and other Windows devices
· Updating, maintaining, and troubleshooting your tablet
· Saving time and using your tablet to enhance your daily life
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, colorful screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost or confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help you get started quickly. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems you're most likely to encounter.
How to access the web edition:
Follow the instructions in the book to learn how to register your book to access the FREE Web Edition.
Windows® RT 8.1
instructions with callouts to Surface 2 photos that show you exactly what to do
when you run into Surface 2 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes
to help you get the most from your Surface 2
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping
your Surface 2 working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Get started quickly with Surface 2 and Windows RT 8.1
• Connect to Wi-Fi, share printers, and access files from your network or your SkyDrive cloud storage account
• Get on the Web fast and enjoy it more with Internet Explorer 11 and the Bing search engine
• Secure your Surface and control what your kids can do with it
• Do all your Facebook and Twitter social networking through the People app
• Find and play the music you love with Xbox Music, Radio, and Xbox Music Pass
• Watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, and other streaming video
• Instantly retrieve up-to-the-minute news from top media and journalists
• Create, edit, format, proof, and share documents with Word 2013
• Crunch numbers with Excel 2013
• Present on the go with PowerPoint 2013
• Use OneNote 2013 to organize notes, sync them across devices, and access them from anywhere
• Manage email and track your calendar with Outlook 2013
• Go anywhere with Surface 2’s easy maps and directions
• Capture, manage, touch up, and geotag your photos
• Make sure your files are always safely backed up
• Find the best new Windows Store Apps
• Keep your Surface 2 working reliably, with maximum battery life
• Personalize your Surface 2 using the newest customization settings
• Get more help whenever you need it
This is the world’s most expert, complete, and practical guide to succeeding with Expression Web 4 SP2! Microsoft insider Jim Cheshire presents today’s best solutions for everything you need to do with Expression Web 4 SP2 and its brand-new HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery tools!. Create, edit, and manage content… implement leading-edge designs… integrate dynamic content… add powerful features with no custom coding… leverage SP2’s latest time-saving features…do the job right, and do it fast!
“In the trenches” solutions, big-picture insights, real examples, time-saving shortcuts Boost productivity with custom workspaces, Snapshot & Snippet panels, Universal
The only EXPRESSION WEB 2 book you need
The successor to the best-selling book on the first release of Microsoft Expression Web, this book provides comprehensive coverage of Microsoft Expression Web 2. You’ll learn the basics of Web design and Expression Web 2 and gain valuable insight into Expression Web 2’s advanced features, such as ASP.NET and PHP development. If you’re interested in learning how to design standards-compliant Web sites using Expression Web 2, this is the only book you need.
• Create standards-compliant Web sites with Expression Web 2 that work consistently in all browsers.
• Become proficient in the use of CSS by learning how to use the powerful CSS tools in Expression Web 2.
• Learn how to take advantage of ASP.NET and ASP.NET AJAX without writing any code.
• Learn how to use the new PHP features available in Expression Web 2.
• Add dynamic, interactive content with Behaviors and Layers.
• Design your Web site for accessibility using both Section 508 and WCAG compliance.
“Expression Web was built to help web authors create standards-based and standards-compliant web sites. Jim Cheshire has a broad understanding of those standards and a deep appreciation of Expression Web. Put the two together and you’ve got a guide that helps you understand and build sites that meet the challenges of modern Web design.”
Product Unit Manager,
Jim Cheshire is the owner of Jimco Software, a freeware software company and technology review site, and is the author of several books on Web development and ASP.NET. Jim has been heavily involved in Web development for more than a decade and has operated and designed many Web sites during that time. He’s been featured in numerous publications, including MSDN Magazine and PC Magazine. Jim previously worked on the FrontPage team at Microsoft and currently is an escalation engineer on the ASP.NET and IIS teams.
Category: Web Development
Covers Microsoft Expression Web 2
User Level Beginning—Advanced
On the CD-ROM
• Sample files from the author
• FREE! full version of Logo Creator (retail value of $39.95)
• FREE! full version of DHTML Menu Builder Lite (retail value of $25)
• Electronic version of this book in Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF)
Cover image: Digital Vision Photography/Veer Inc.
Visual Web Developer 2008.”
Principal Development Manager – Web Development Tools
Expression Web introduced ASP.NET to a new group of web developers. This book is designed to help you start using ASP.NET right away to add powerful new features to your website. Don’t worry, you won’t have to learn a lot of programming; instead, you’ll create an ASP.NET application from start to finish using Visual Web Developer 2008, while writing only a very small amount of actual programming code.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO…
• Create and work with websites in Visual Web Developer 2008
• Use the different compilation and code models in ASP.NET
• Configure ASP.NET security and other settings
• Use ASP.NET master pages and user controls
• Take advantage of ASP.NET membership features for a password-protected website
• Use form validation in ASP.NET
• Use CSS, skins, and themes
• Access, edit, and add data to a database using ASP.NET
• Send email using ASP.NET
• Use Ajax and ASP.NET Web services
• Debug and troubleshoot ASP.NET
. . . and much more!