For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Joyce Cox has 20+ years’ experience developing training materials on technical subjects for non-technical audiences, including dozens of books about Office and Windows.
Get up and running on Microsoft Word 2013 right away--the QuickSteps way. Full-color screenshots and clear instructions make it easy to start using the latest release of the leading word processing application. Take control and learn how to create and format documents, apply templates and themes, use mail merge, add tables and illustrations, use special features such as forms and translation, save Word documents as web pages, and much more. Screenshots with callouts show and explain exactly what you'll see on your computer screen while you're doing a task. This practical, fast-paced guide gets you started in no time!
Use these handy guideposts:Shortcuts for accomplishing common tasks Need-to-know facts in concise narrative Helpful reminders or alternate ways of doing things Bonus information related to the topic being covered Errors and pitfalls to avoid
This book will help you build solid skills to create the documents you need right now, and expert-level guidance for leveraging Word’s most advanced features whenever you need them. If you buy only one book on Word 2007, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Word 2007 is the book you need.
• Come up to speed quickly with the new Word 2007 Ribbon interface
• Streamline document formatting with styles, templates, and themes
• Collaborate with others using comments and tracked changes
• Master mail merges, master documents, and other advanced features
• Manage large documents with indexes, TOCs, and automatically numbered references
• Use fields and forms to collect and manage information
• Illustrate key concepts with SmartArt diagrams
• Create and apply custom themes that control fonts, color schemes, and effects
• Manage academic research citations and generate bibliographies in any popular documentation format
On the Web
Includes complete instructions and a command reference you can use to customize the Ribbon with RibbonX, even if you have little or no previous XML experience. You can also download additional RibbonX examples and an easy-to-use RibbonCustomizer utility from this book’s companion web site, www.quepublishing.com/usingword2007.
Who knew how simple Word 2013 could be?
This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to using Microsoft’s incredibly powerful new Word 2013 word processing program…simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really want to do! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Navigate Word 2013’s updated interface and make the most of the Ribbon, Quick Access toolbar, and other handy tools
• Quickly develop any document, from reports to résumés, brochures to calendars–even web pages
• Control margins, indents, alignment, columns, and spacing
• Improve document appearance with themes and style sets
• Organize and present data attractively with Word tables and charts
• Build professional-quality visuals with SmartArt and WordArt
• Use images from multiple sources, including screen captures and Bing Image Search
• Master long documents, tables of contents, cross-references, and footnotes
• Collaborate with others using Word’s tracking and revision tools
• Easily create personalized mailings and email
• And much more…
• Create documents more efficiently using a new results-oriented interface
• Use formatting, editing, reviewing, and publishing tools to create documents in print and online
• Create great-looking documents faster using themes, styles, and templates
• Organize information and add impact with clip art, SmartArt diagrams, tables, and charts
• Create customized letters, labels, and envelopes
• Use the Full Reading view to comfortably read documents on screen
• Use the Outline and Draft views to develop your documents
• Use Groove and SharePoint Team Services to collaborate and share documents and information
• Prepare for the Microsoft Certified Applications Specialists exam
This book uses real-world examples to give you a context in which to use the task. This book also includes workshops to help you put together individual tasks into projects. The Word example files that you need for project tasks are available at www.perspection.com
This courseware meets the objectives for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS). Upon completion of this courseware, you may be prepared to take the exam for MCAS qualification. To learn more about becoming a Microsoft Certified Application Specialist, visit www.microsoft.com.
Here's WHAT you'll learn:Create dynamic presentations for your audience Include charts, tables, clip art, and other graphics Add video clips and CD music Animate slide and add transition effects Edit and polish your presentations with ease Create speaker notes and record narration
Here's HOW you'll learn it:Jump in whenever you need answers Easy-to-follow STEPS and SCREENSHOTS show exactly what to do Handy TIPS teach new techniques and shortcuts Quick TRY THIS! exercises help apply what you learn right away
Word 2016 IN DEPTH
Beyond the Basics…
Beneath the Surface…In Depth
Do more in less time!
Are you ready to harness the full power of Word 2016 to create professional documents? Then, you’re ready for Word 2016 In Depth. In this comprehensive guide to Word, you’ll learn the skills and techniques for efficiently building the documents you need for both your professional and your personal life. Faithe Wempen delivers step-by-step instructions, troubleshooting advice, and insider tips to help you improve your written image in business, academic, organizational, and personal settings.
• Accelerate formatting by creating and applying themes and styles
• Incorporate graphical content such as clip art, photos, SmartArt, and charts
• Save your work in a variety of formats, including backward-compatible Word files, PDF and XPS page layouts, graphics, HTML, and more
• Perform mail and data merges to generate catalogs, form letters, labels, and envelopes
• Learn about the fields that drive many of Word’s most powerful features, and how to look behind the scenes to customize field behaviors
• Use indexing, tables of contents, and master documents to organize book-length works
• Cite sources and document references in a variety of formats, including APA and MLA
• Collaborate with other people, even simultaneously, managing each person’s comments and changes
• Create complex math formulas without leaving Word
• Write and edit macros that automate repeated tasks
• Work with your Word documents anywhere via OneDrive® and Office Online
• Create user-interactive forms that include a variety of field types
All In Depth books offer
• Comprehensive coverage with detailed solutions
• Troubleshooting help for tough problems you can’t fix on your own
• Outstanding authors recognized worldwide for their expertise and teaching style
Learning, reference, problem-solving...the only Word 2016 book you need!
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Word, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
Set up your email and social media accounts Send, search, filter, and organize messages Manage one or more calendars, and share your schedule Help protect your inbox and outbox Create and track tasks, to-do lists, and appointments