JoAnne Stepaniak is at the forefront of the international movement for compassionate living. She has devoted her life to the study, practice, and advancement of engaged compassion. Her books and articles have been widely published and circulated throughout the world. She is the author of "Being Vegan" and "The Vegan Sourcebook".
Whether you're drawn to chocolate, cookies, potato chips, cheese, or burgers and fries, we all have foods we can't seem to resist--foods that sabotage our best efforts to lose weight and improve our health.
These foods are winning the battle--but that's because we're fighting it in the wrong place. As physician and leading health researcher Dr. Neal Barnard explains in this groundbreaking book, banishing these cravings is not a question of willpower or psychology--it's a question of biochemistry.
Based on the author's research and that of other leading investigators at major universities, Breaking the Food Seduction reveals the diet and lifestyle changes that can break these stubborn craving cycles. Using everyday examples, questionnaires, and practical tips, the book delivers:
- Fascinating new insights into the chemical reasons behind your cravings
- Seven simple steps to break craving cycles and tame your appetite
- Important advice for kids' sugar cravings and how to halt them
- A three-week kick-start program
- One hundred delicious, satisfying recipes that help your body break the spell of problem foods and put you on the path to weight loss, better health, and greater well-being
This accessible and practical book is essential reading for anyone who wants to lose weight, lower cholesterol, feel more energetic, and get control of their health once and for all.