Pull on your favourite sweater, pour yourself a hot mug of tea, and settle down by the fireplace to enjoy the following articles in this autumn edition:
1. An Exhortation to Peace and Unity - John Bunyan. In which Bunyan teaches us to leave aside bickering and petty divisiveness, and to pursue Christ-honouring unity while putting others ahead of ourselves.
2. Directions to Fearful, Troubled Christians - Richard Baxter. Ten practical instructions for the Christian who is plagued by doubts.
3. The Monster of Sinful Self-Seeking Anatomized - Edmund Calamy. Stand by as Calamy dissects this gruesome and ghastly monster known as self-seeking. First reprinting since it was originally published in 1655.
4. Thankfulness Required in Every Condition - William Bridge. Once again William Bridge shows us how to find light in the darkest dungeon, and return thanks with sincerity to our loving and wise heavenly Father.
5. The Sin and Folly of Depending on Future Time - Jonathan Edwards. In which Edwards pokes holes in many of our justifications to view time as "idle" or something to "pass" while putting off things of more urgent and eternal importance.
6. The Puritans in Verse: "The Reflection" by Edward Taylor. A private meditation on the Saviour's beauty (Song of Solomon 2:1).
Now as never before, studying God's Word can become a fresh, inviting, enriching experience for every reader.
1. Be Sober and Watchful - Hugh Binning. Binning answers the question, 'Given the shortness of time remaining before our Lord returns, how should we conduct ourselves?' (1 Peter 4:7).
2. Continuance in Sin is Dangerous - John Preston. Based on Ephesians 2:2, this discourse reveals the folly of continuing in sin, and how best to expose and expel it from our lives.
3. A Sermon of Repentance - Arthur Dent. Dent shows in this sermon (originally preached at Leigh-on-Sea in 1582) the nature of true repentance, and its role in the everyday life of the believer.
4. Advice to Young Converts - Jonathan Edwards. Nineteen practical starting points for the new believer, written in a letter just before he preached "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" in 1741.
5. The Moral Law, a Rule of Obedience - Samuel Bolton. Helpful teaching for the Christian who struggles to understand the relationship between the Law of Moses and the grace of Christ.
6. The Puritans in Verse: "Lord, It Belongs Not to My Care" by Richard Baxter.
Includes an end-note section which has over 500 Scripture references (in the ESV®) and helpful notes hyperlinked to the articles. No internet connection is required. Provided DRM-free; enjoy it on all your digital devices.