Get the inside track on the attractions, shows, activities, and foods you don't want to miss while visiting the park this Halloween. This 2014 edition is completely updated for the new year with all new information, tips, and more.
This is not your ordinary travel guide. It gives you quick access to the information that only experienced travelers, long time fans, and park insiders know. In 182 pages the book explores all of the best things to do while visiting the park. It includes both Halloween themed and regular attractions, activities, restaurants, and shops. Written for both first time visitors and experienced travelers, this book has something for everyone.
• Maps for every land in the park to help you get to the activities.
• Amazing extra things to do at attractions that new guests tend to miss.
• Halloween meals and snacks that you must try before leaving the park.
• The Top Halloween attractions and activities to experience this season.
• Unique Halloween souvenirs that you will be glad to bring home.
• Secrets and tips for seeing the most popular shows.
• Unadvertised shows that you won’t want to miss.
• All the details you need about the park’s seasonal activities and special events.
• Limited time activities that you will want to know about.
**UPDATED FOR 2014 WITH NEW ATTRACTIONS, ACTIVITIES, RESTAURANTS, AND SHOPS**
If you love the Disneyland Resort you may be interested in these other titles by Alternative Travel Press:
• 100 Things You Don’t Want To Miss At Disneyland
• 100 Things You Don’t Want To Miss At Disney California Adventure
• Things To Do At Disneyland 2014: The Ultimate Unauthorized Adventure Guide
• Things To Do At Disney California Adventure 2014: The Ultimate Unauthorized Adventure Guide
Get more travel information at the author's blogs:
John Glass is a travel blogger, founder of the Southern California travel magazine SoCal Secrets, and author of the fan site Disney Parks Club. View more travel information on his websites:
While growing up in Southern California John spent much of his childhood exploring the ever changing landscape of Disneyland. On many a warm summer day in this bygone erra his parents would drop him off at the park with his friends, giving them hours to explore the secrets it held. His fascination with this place of magic and imagination never seemed to end as long as there were more secrets to discover there.
"Disneyland can be seen in a day or two, but it takes a lifetime to really know it" John commented as he tried to explain his fascination with the park. "You could spend years here and never discover ALL of it's secrets." As his fascination with the layers upon layers of secret history, artifacts, and activities found throughout the park grew, he started using his formal research skills to investigate things further. Soon his friends were asking him to go to Disneyland with them on every visit, just so they could stroll through the park with him and hear about the latest secrets he had uncovered. One day one of his friends haphazardly suggested "You know so much about this park you should write a book," and the idea struck John like a bolt of lightening. Why didn't he write a book? Why didn't he put all his research experience to work for him and share his information with the world? One of John's main motivations became giving guests who spend thousands of dollars to travel across the country only to spend two or three days in the park a chance to get in on the knowledge that only locals who are there all the time would know. He wanted to write his books as if he were standing right there next to you, giving you his personal tour as you walk from one attraction to another. He wanted to give them the vacation of a life time.
• Detailed information on every attraction, restaurant, and shop in the park.
• Secrets, tips, and inside information about every aspect of your visit.
• Maps to attractions, restaurants, shops, parking and more.
• Planning help and itineraries.
• Complete transportation guides for getting to and around the Disneyland Resort.
• Money-saving tips for dining, snacking, buying tickets and arranging travel.
• Restaurant, souvenir, and gift recommendations.
• Full dining menus and special guides to vegan foods, healthy eating, specialty coffees, desserts and more.
• Seasonal activities and special events.
• Specialty guides to pin trading, Vinylmation, coin press machines, picnic spots, character meets, photo opportunities, and more.
• A complete guide to all of the stories that drive the rides, restaurants, and shops in the park.
• Helpful appendixes cross reference all of the films, books, and music featured in the park so you can discover which locations feature your favorite Disney characters.
In You Are Here, Thomas Kostigen, the New York Times bestselling co-author of The Green Book, takes us to the most extreme environmental areas on the planet to show how what we do from the comfort of our own home affects people, places, and things everywhere. A timely, much-needed alarm that recalls Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth combined with a compelling travel narrative reminiscent of Anthony Bourdain with straight ahead Anderson Cooper-like reporting, You Are Here is “an intriguing and insightful account that deserves to be read by everyone” (Mark Plotkin, Time Magazine Hero for the Planet).