“If you want authentic power; to live a life with peace of mind; to create mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual harmony for yourself; and have the ability to love and be loved, then you’ll want to learn and make the Seven Disciplines a part of your life” (John Nies).
1. “Nourish your body.” The Live the Seven eating philosophy centers around eating as close to nature as possible as the path to living a healthy, disease-free existence.
2. “Breathe with intent.” This discipline advocates meditation, visualization, and Qigong practice to interrupt the daily cycle of repetitive thinking, give the mind an opportunity to rest and revive, and tap into a powerful energy source within.
3. “Elevate your Chi.” This speaks to live the Seven’s ancient energy-building exercises using breathing techniques and a mind-over-body philosophy to break through perceived physical limitations to new heights.
4. “Know thyself.” This discipline advocates the importance of self-development and pursuing your unique purpose as a means to personal empowerment.
5. “Pray for others.” Express your gratitude for life and sympathy for those less fortunate. This discipline promotes a sense of appreciation for life while keeping your perception of suffering grounded.
6. “Connect with nature.” Reconnect with and develop respectful habits toward nature and the earth and its abilities to nourish every body, mind, and spirit.
7. “Serve your world.” This discipline calls to mind the importance of making a contribution to society through charitable deeds and positive actions.
Each of the Seven Disciplines addresses physical, mental, and spiritual challenges and by design will help to elevate our Qi, the life force energy, in all of us. This book will teach you how to integrate these principles and methods into your life.
You can read books purchased on Google Play using your computer's web browser.
eReaders and other devices
To read on e-ink devices like the Sony eReader or Barnes & Noble Nook, you'll need to download a file and transfer it to your device. Please follow the detailed Help center instructions to transfer the files to supported eReaders.