The ninth edition of Economics contains the most up-to-the minute coverage and uses the latest data to track and analyse the impact of the global financial crisis on our economy.
‘Economics’ is popular for its active learning and student-friendly approach, and the new edition retains its classic features that provide a solid foundation for the study of economics, while covering much of the recent turmoil in the economy.
· Want to see economics in action? Search online for the Sloman Economics News Site - a blog that’s updated several times a week with current affairs and topical stories ... all linked into your textbook so you can explore the background to the issues more deeply.
Need extra support?
This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyEconLab.
This title can be supported by MyEconLab, an online homework and tutorial system which can be used by students for self-directed study or fully integrated into an instructor's course.
You can benefit from MyEconLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access card for MyEconLab: Economics, plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText., 9/e (ISBN 9781292064864). Alternatively, buy access online at www.MyEconLab.com.
Use the power of MyEconLab to accelerate your learning. You need both an access card and a course ID to access MyEconLab:
· 1. Is your lecturer using MyEconLab? Ask your lecturer for your course ID
· 2. Has an access card been included with the book? Check the inside back cover of the book.
· 3. If you have a course ID but no access card, go to: http://www.myeconlab.com/ to buy access to this interactive study programme.
Now in its 9th edition, Economics by Sloman et al is known and loved for its active learning, student-friendly approach and unmatched lecturer and student support.
Retaining all the hall mark features of previous editions, it continues to provide a balanced, comprehensive and completely up-to-date introduction to the world of economics.
Please note that the product you are purchasing does not include MyEconLab.
Join over 11 million students benefiting from Pearson MyLabs.
This title can be supported by MyEcpnLab, an online homework and tutorial system designed to test and build your understanding. Would you like to use the power of MyEconLab to accelerate your learning? You need both an access card and a course ID to access MyEconLab.
These are the steps you need to take:
1. Make sure that your lecturer is already using the system
Ask your lecturer before purchasing a MyLab product as you will need a course ID from them before you can gain access to the system.
2. Check whether an access card has been included with the book at a reduced cost
If it has, it will be on the inside back cover of the book.
3. If you have a course ID but no access code, you can benefit from MyEconLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access code for MyEconLab (ISBN:9781292064864)
4. If your lecturer is using the MyLab and you would like to purchase the product...
Go to www.myeconlab.com to buy access to this interactive study programme.
For educator access, contact your Pearson representative. To find out who your Pearson representative is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network, the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol. John is also Visiting Professor at the University of the West of England, Bristol.
Alison Wride is Deputy Director of the University of Exeter Business School and an Associate Professor in Economics.
Dean Garratt is senior lecturer in economics at Nottingham Trent University