Including three of his most famous and important essays, Utilitarianism, On Liberty, and Essay on Bentham, along with formative selections from Jeremy Bentham and John Austin, this volume provides a uniquely perspicuous view of Mill's ethical and political thought.
- Contains Mill's most famous and influential works, Utilitarianism and On Liberty as well as his important Essay on Bentham.
- Uses the 1871 edition of Utilitarianism, the last to be published in Mill's lifetime.
- Includes selections from Bentham and John Austin, the two thinkers who most influenced Mill.
- Introduction written by Mary Warnock, a highly respected figure in 20th-century ethics in her own right.
- Provides an extensive, up-to-date bibliography with the best scholarship on Mill, Bentham and Utilitarianism.