The following articles appear in this autumn 2014 edition:
1. There Is An Answerableness Between the Greatness of the Misery of Hell and the Happiness of Heaven – by Jonathan Edwards. Edited by Don Kistler, who remarked that this was the best Edwards he has ever read, next to "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God".
2. How to Bear Afflictions – in which William Bates teaches from Hebrews 12:5 how to avoid the extremes of despising the chastening of the Lord, or fainting beneath it.
3. Let Not Sin Have Dominion Over You – Thomas Manton explores what is meant by allowing sin to "have dominion" over oneself, and why this state must be avoided. Edited by Peter Overduin.
4. The Great Usefulness of the Law – in which John Flavel illustrates the proper role of the law in bringing the sinner to salvation, then participating in his sanctification.
5. How We May Read the Scriptures with Most Spiritual Profit – Thomas Watson. Twenty-four eminently practical instructions for making time spent in the Word more meaningful.