- Worksheets for self-evaluation, which also make it easier to communicate symptoms to others.
- Calming strategies for dealing with irrational fears and debilitating anxieties.
- Methods for interpreting the past and understanding the present to attain peace and perspective.
- Relaxation techniques to rely on when panic sets in.
- Practical steps to put a stop to the thoughts that make anxiety escalate.
- Natural ways to alleviate the physical symptoms that accompany the emotions, including exercise, rest, nutrition, yoga, and more.
- Guidance for selecting and working with a professional and considering medications.
Using easy-to-follow graphics and artworks, succinct quotations, and thoroughly accessible text, The Psychology Book makes abstract concepts concrete.
The Psychology Book includes innovative ideas from ancient and medieval thinkers ranging from Galen and René Descartes to the leaders of psychotherapy, such as Sigmund Freud and Abraham Maslow. The voices that continue to shape modern psychology, from Nico Fridja to David Rosenhan, are also included, giving anyone with an interest in psychology an essential resource to psychological thinking and history.