You will sense his loneliness and despair as well as his excitement when he learns that he will be reunited with his own, albeit dysfunctional, family. Joshua’s story is sure to touch your heart and make you more aware of what the survivors of this deadly hurricane had to deal with at that time and during its aftermath.
• Greater attention to technological advances and global trends impacting and impacted by bilingualism.
• New trends and issues in bilingual education, including recent research on the effectiveness of different types of bilingual education.
• Issues in the assessment of bilinguals.
• The latest thinking on identity and bilingualism.
• Recent developments in brain imaging research.
• Discussion of the latest terms in bilingualism research including dynamic bilingualism, translanguaging, transliteracy and superdiversity, in addition to an enhanced look at multilingualism.
Students and instructors will benefit from new features including:
• A comprehensive glossary.
• A condensed and updated bibliography.
• Updated international examples of policy, research and practice.
• The addition of web resources and discussion questions.
• Fully revised study activities and recommended reading.