* Understand how the brain learns and the technologies that reveal this process.
* Implement strategies that are compatible with students' individual learning styles and honor their multiple intelligences.
* Improve the focus of students with attention disorders and help them gain the confidence and skills they need to develop goal-oriented behaviors.
* Create an enriching learning environment by incorporating student-centered activities, discovery and hands-on learning experiences, cross-curricular learning, and multisensory lessons.
* Implement strategic review, study, and test preparation strategies that will allow students to retain information and connect it with future learning.
* Build safe, supportive classroom communities and raise class awareness and empathy for students with learning disabilities.
It's time for teachers to lower the barriers, not the bar. Using strategies that align with research on how people's brains function, teachers can engage all students as individuals and help them reach their maximum potential with joy and confidence.