Sheltered heiress Lady Briannon Findlay is a wallflower, and prefers it that way. Until she meets the nefarious Masked Marauder, a gentleman thief waylaying carriages from London to Essex, who awakens sensual impulses she never knew she had. Provocative and darkly attractive, his artful seduction leaves her wanting more.
When Brynn discovers that Archer and the Masked Marauder are one and the same, trust and attraction collide. But after a murder is committed by an imposter marauder, they must risk everything to find the real killer...including their love.
Each book in the Lords of Essex series is STANDALONE
*My Rogue, My Ruin
*My Darling, My Disaster
*My Hellion, My Heart
*My Scot, My Surrender
* * *
Claire has written numerous books featuring the Lammergeier family and set in her fictional medieval Scottish realm of Ravensmuir, Kinfairlie and Ravensmuir. You can read all the books in order, or read each series in order.
A. The Rogues of Ravensmuir
The first trilogy. It all begins with Merlyn at Ravensmuir...
1. The Rogue - Merlyn and Ysabella's second chance romance
2. The Scoundrel - Gawain (Merlyn's brother) and Evangeline's mistaken identity/disguise romance.
3. The Warrior - Michael (the Hawk of Inverfyre and son of Gawain and Evangeline) and Aileen's marriage of convenience and second chance romance
B. The Jewels of Kinfairlie
This series tells the stories of the children of Roland, the younger son of Merlyn and Ysabella. There are eight children, and they appear briefly at the end of The Warrior.
1. The Beauty Bride - Madeline and Rhys' marriage of (in)convenience romance
2. The Rose Red Bride - Vivienne and Erik's mistaken identity and marriage of (in)convenience romance
3. The Snow White Bride - Alexander and Eleanor's marriage of convenience Christmas romance
4. The Ballad of Rosamunde - a short story featuring Rosamunde (the pirate queen) and Padraig and a friends-to-lovers romance.
The True Love Brides
This series follows the next four siblings and features a battle against the Fae for the hearts of those from Kinfairlie.
1. The Renegade's Heart - Isabella and Murdoch's forbidden love and protector romance
2. The Highlander's Curse - Annelise and Garrett's outcast and protector romance
3. The Frost Maiden's Kiss - Malcolm and Catriona's protector and marriage of convenience romance
4. The Warrior's Prize - Elizabeth and Rafael's protector, forbidden love, and outcast romance
The Brides of Inverfyre
This series (in progress) takes us into the Highlands to Inverfyre for the story of Ross, the eighth sibling, as well as the stories of the children of the Hawk and Aileen.
1. The Mercenary's Bride - Mhairi and Quentin's second chance Christmas romance
2. The Runaway Bride - Ross and Aiofe's runaway bride, protector and forbidden love romance.
After two years in hiding to protect his family, Gabriel Wendover, Marquess of Hesketh, leaves behind the woman he loves and returns home to untangle the plots against him. When the lady turns up on his doorstep to paint portraits of Gabriel's brother and sister-in-law, he's not sure whether it's by accident or design. And now she could be in harm's way too.
Polonaise Hunt is an accomplished artist who is determined to paint the prestigious Wendover family portraits, but coming upon Gabriel in his new situation changes everything. Despite their mutual passion, trusting Gabriel could cost Polly everything she holds dear.
The Lonely Lords:
Gareth (Book 1)
Andrew (Book 2)
Douglas (Book 3)
David (Book 4)
Nicholas (Book 5)
Ethan (Book 6)
Beckman (Book 7)
Gabriel (Book 8)
What People Are Saying about Gabriel:
"Captivating... Burrowes proves herself to be a master storyteller!"; —Romance Junkies
"Exquisite... A riveting historical tale and an amazing love story."; —Long and Short Reviews
"A true super star of the historical romance genre... Exquisite."; —CK2's Kwips and Kritiques
For eleven years, Gillian Rutherford has dreamed of escaping her family’s dark secret and living a normal life. Now, faced with an unwelcome marriage that will chain her to London and the secret slowly killing her, she’s desperate to save herself and the sister she adores. Salvation comes in the form of an American shipping tycoon, and all she must do is seduce him into marrying her. But Gillian’s scheme hits a snag when she makes a bargain with a notorious rake Alexander Trevelle, Lord Lionhurst. He’ll help her win the hand of his American friend, if she’ll assist him with exacting revenge against her unwanted fiancé. But the price of the pact may just be their hearts.
A Whisper of Scandal Series Includes:
Bargaining with a Rake
Conspiring with a Rogue
Dancing with a Devil
The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree
Lady Betsy Wilde’s first season was triumphant by any measure, and a duke has proposed—but before marriage, she longs for one last adventure.
No gentleman would agree to her scandalous plan—but Lord Jeremy Roden is no gentleman. He offers a wager. If she wins a billiards game, he’ll provide the breeches.
If he wins…she is his, for one wild night.
But what happens when Jeremy realizes that one night will never be enough? In the most important battle of his life, he’ll have to convince Betsy to say no to the duke.