K.E. Saxon is a third-generation Texan and has been a lover of romance fiction since her first (sneaked) read of her older sister's copy of The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. She has two cats, a 26-year-old cockatiel, and a funny, supportive husband. When she isn't in her writer's cave writing, you can find her puttering in her organic vegetable garden or in her kitchen trying out a new recipe. An animal (and bug) lover since before she could speak, she made pets of all kinds of critters when she was a kid growing up. Her mother even swears that she made a pet of a cockroach one time (but K.E. doesn't believe her). She likes to write humorous, sexy romances.
—Lady Evangeline of Inverfyre
* * *
Claire has written numerous books featuring the Lammergeier family and set in her fictional medieval Scottish realm of Ravensmuir, Kinfairlie and Ravensmuir. You can read all the books in order, or read each series in order.
A. The Rogues of Ravensmuir
The first trilogy. It all begins with Merlyn at Ravensmuir...
1. The Rogue - Merlyn and Ysabella's second chance romance
2. The Scoundrel - Gawain (Merlyn's brother) and Evangeline's mistaken identity/disguise romance.
3. The Warrior - Michael (the Hawk of Inverfyre and son of Gawain and Evangeline) and Aileen's marriage of convenience and second chance romance
B. The Jewels of Kinfairlie
This series tells the stories of the children of Roland, the younger son of Merlyn and Ysabella. There are eight children, and they appear briefly at the end of The Warrior.
1. The Beauty Bride - Madeline and Rhys' marriage of (in)convenience romance
2. The Rose Red Bride - Vivienne and Erik's mistaken identity and marriage of (in)convenience romance
3. The Snow White Bride - Alexander and Eleanor's marriage of convenience Christmas romance
4. The Ballad of Rosamunde - a short story featuring Rosamunde (the pirate queen) and Padraig and a friends-to-lovers romance.
The True Love Brides
This series follows the next four siblings and features a battle against the Fae for the hearts of those from Kinfairlie.
1. The Renegade's Heart - Isabella and Murdoch's forbidden love and protector romance
2. The Highlander's Curse - Annelise and Garrett's outcast and protector romance
3. The Frost Maiden's Kiss - Malcolm and Catriona's protector and marriage of convenience romance
4. The Warrior's Prize - Elizabeth and Rafael's protector, forbidden love, and outcast romance
The Brides of Inverfyre
This series (in progress) takes us into the Highlands to Inverfyre for the story of Ross, the eighth sibling, as well as the stories of the children of the Hawk and Aileen.
1. The Mercenary's Bride - Mhairi and Quentin's second chance Christmas romance
2. The Runaway Bride - Ross and Aiofe's runaway bride, protector and forbidden love romance.
With her clan on the wrong side of the struggle for the Scottish throne, heiress Daphne Macleod, once the toast of the court, is out of options.
Norris Sutherland, heir to the Earl of Sutherland, once helped Daphne escape an unwanted betrothal, but she walked away from him without a backward glance.
Now after her fall from privilege and on the run from a vicious clan leader who wants to marry her, then murder her for her (supposed) hidden fortune, Daphne needs Norris more than ever. But he may be lost forever...unless she can somehow convince him to forgive her.
A romantic tale of the Scottish highlands, readers of Lora Leigh, Connie Brockway and Amanda Scott will be waiting to be swept up in this 15th century Scottish Historical Romance.
The Sutherlands Scottish Highlander series:
The Highlander's Prize, Book #1
The Trouble With Highlanders, Book #2
How To Handle A Highlander, Book #3
The Highlander's Bride Trouble, Book #4
"It is a love story and a struggle of trust between lovers, family and clan."
"love, romance, laughter, tears, heartbreak, anger, fighting, mystery, intrigue, and a very interesting ending!!"
"steamy romance and intrigue."
"Historical romance is truly alive and well"
"the passion these two characters shared that developed into such a beautiful romance."
"Power, Romance, and Action! What else do you need?"
"an EXCITINGLY SEXY Highlander romance"What reviewers are saying about The Trouble With Highlanders:
"Wine's crisp writing, intricate plot, and deep insights into clan politics make this a fun and satisfying read " —Booklist
"I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good sizzling Highland romance." —Swept Away By Romance
"Magical...Mary Wine keeps the adrenaline pumping with sizzling love scenes."-Long and Short Reviews
"An exciting, sexy tale...action-packed, suspense-filled historical romance."-Romance Junkies
"This fabulous story...will remind you why Scottish highlanders are incredibly sexy."-The Romance ReviewsWhat everyone is saying about Mary Wine's Scottish Highland Historical Romances:
"NOT TO BE MISSED."-Lora Leigh, New York Times #1 bestselling author
"Whenever I pick up a book by Mary Wine I know I'm going to be engrossed in the story for hours. 4.50 / 5 - Reviewer Top Pick" —Night Owl Reviews
"Satisfying, sexy, and well-written romance" —Historical Novels Review
"Mary Wine...makes the reader feel the primal, sexual attraction of the hero and heroine." —Long and Short Reviews
"Mary Wine brings history to life with major sizzle factor."-Lucy Monroe, USA Today bestselling author of For Duty's Sake
"Dramatic and vivid...Scorching love scenes threaten to set the sheets aflame."-Publishers Weekly Starred Review